Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Touchy subject, but I’m honestly shocked. I’m not racist at all, just ask my black friends they visit on purpose.

Jest of the story; LEO is civil war and history collector. People didn’t like what was framed on his wall when looking at his home that was for sale. They were black, took pic’s and posted it on FB.

Honestly, I see where these ppl that did this invaded his privacy and got him fired even though THEY WERE IN HIS HOME!!!

Geez, if this is the case I’m (we) will have to take half of the things down before we put the home for sale in a couple of years, I’m in the UDC and we have Betsy Ross and lots of other flags from the past. The 7 star banner is the UDC’s flag we use in events (btw, black and white women in this group).

This is ridiculous and an invasion of privacy, the ppl that took the pic should be the one’s going to court and be sued for trying to threaten this LEO!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-police-officer-who-had-kkk-memorabilia-in-home-is-fired/ar-AAHdnMl

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
So on top of it being something he legally possessed inside his own home, there is no mention of any evidence of him being affiliated with any white supremacy group. In my opinion, he should be lawyering up and going after both the PD and the people who were looking at his house. That is, of course unless there is some big piece of information missing here.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Why if I don't know you...Otto's not letting you in.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I agree with @Havok. Likely that there is something we do not know. Like was he actually only a collector, and did he collect only Confederate memorabilia. Hard to make judgements about the firing without knowing the back story, and I will get there is one beyond collecting.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I do not care, even if he were a card-carrying member of both the KKK and the Neo-Nazi Party.
The issue is whether or not he could properly be dismissed from his LEO job, and that would depend upon his performance, not his personally-owned accessories.

If he had acted in a biased or bigoted manner "on the street," that would be good cause for dismissal.
But what he possesses and displays within his private home is not open to censorship.
(That is, according to the First Amendment, anyway.)

While there must be a lot more to this story than we know, it still smacks of the PC Fascists.

Moral of the Story: If you don't like the pictures on the wall, don't buy the house.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
How fascist of them.
The Nazis confiscated books that they did not agree with and they considered a threat to their ideology.
Are we heading down that road?
First coming after monuments they do not like in the public square.
Now going after your private collections and memorabilia in you home.
I hope this cop sues the living hell out of the city and also sues that family civilly.
Simple solution, if you were offended leave and do not buy the house.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How fascist of them.
The Nazis confiscated books that they did not agree with and they considered a threat to their ideology.
Are we heading down that road?
First coming after monuments they do not like in the public square.
Now going after your private collections and memorabilia in you home.
I hope this cop sues the living hell out of the city and also sues that family civilly.
Simple solution, if you were offended leave and do not buy the house.
KC you forgot the school text books, they are full of lies - yes proof is easy, read one of history books a child comes home with the folks that decide what your kids read goes along with their wants and needs of mass control not truth!

Short story; 2 of my best friends had two children they raised in a Christian home and church. 4 years at ECU and both came home agnostic. The amount of money my friends spent...and this is what they ended up with, brainwashed liberal kids mad that they can’t get free birth control :icon_neutral: (Beyond sad)

·
Registered
33,858 Posts
Any good realtor will advise you to take down all personal items when you put your house up for sale. No one is interested in Grandma or your kids, and you're selling the house, not your history or preferences.

By putting his house on the market, he essentially invited potential buyers into his house.

Something tells me there is more to this story, or else--this LEO has a great civil case in the making.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've read several reports on this from different sources and they all state he was fired following an investigation. There is no mention of what was found in that investigation that would support his firing. Perhaps there was more than just displaying memorabilia.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've read several reports on this from different sources and they all state he was fired following an investigation. There is no mention of what was found in that investigation that would support his firing. Perhaps there was more than just displaying memorabilia.
If there was no mention of any details about said "investigation" than I am willing to believe that there was nothing incriminating to report. This is an action with a liberal agenda pushing it and I find it hard to believe that they would not take any opportunity to make public anything negative about this guy to validate their actions against him. At the moment my money is on the explanation that this was a liberal/political motivated action to get this guy removed from his job in law enforcement.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any good realtor will advise you to take down all personal items when you put your house up for sale. No one is interested in Grandma or your kids, and you're selling the house, not your history or preferences.

By putting his house on the market, he essentially invited potential buyers into his house.

Something tells me there is more to this story, or else--this LEO has a great civil case in the making.

You are correct that “FAMILY” pictures are to be taken down - part of the staging in a home to sell.

That was not a family picture, it was done nicely in what looks like a shadow box. We have 2 large paintings of Lee & Jackson I had framed and is in our dining room, house is even painted in the confederate colors. We’re not painting nor removing our wall art. What if it were of Lincoln? Would we need to run everything by the realtor?

Whe whole thing is ridiculous, my black friends have black art in their homes cause that is what they like - ok, I don’t care it’s none of my business and it wouldn’t keep me from buying someone’s home.

Reactions: Mjolnir

·
Registered
61 Posts
SMDH

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
To OldVet's point, when you are trying to sell you home, you need to make the appearance as neutral as possible. You want people to feel comfortable in the house. Nobody care about your family photos, hobbies or sports trophies. You want them walk through the house and think about what it would be like to live here. You don't want people to spend their time thinking about the people that live there now. If your household furnishings induces negative thoughts, some buyers will transfer those thoughts to the house.

I agree he had a right to have those things in his house. But to leave those things in view while trying to sell your house is not smart.

I also think that anytime he was called to testify against a non-white defendant, the defense attorney would have brought up his collectibles.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@stirlingXD; I get it, I get old vets point but I’m having a difficult time conveying mine.

I do not think the LEO should have been fired for what he had that was not illegal to have, in his home period!

Everybody is trying (and not well) to be PC in the country today that are destroying peoples lives. Look at how liberal Hollywood is “outing” conservatives- same thing!

I’ve got a picture of Richard Nixon, actually a newspaper front page the day he left office. I feel sure somebody would have a problem with that. Epstein had a pic of Clinton in a dress (lol) but he didn’t go to prison or lose a job because of it and I feel sure somebody somewhere would have been offended that liked him.

Just look at this thread...folks are already acting like the man “Must have done something else”, and it’s quite possible that no, no he didn’t. :icon_neutral:

His reputation is tarnished, all he was doing was selling his home.

It’s gone way to far, the whole PC thing - nobody can win, anybody can lie.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
To OldVet's point, when you are trying to sell you home, you need to make the appearance as neutral as possible. You want people to feel comfortable in the house. Nobody care about your family photos, hobbies or sports trophies. You want them walk through the house and think about what it would be like to live here. You don't want people to spend their time thinking about the people that live there now. If your household furnishings induces negative thoughts, some buyers will transfer those thoughts to the house.

I agree he had a right to have those things in his house. But to leave those things in view while trying to sell your house is not smart.

I also think that anytime he was called to testify against a non-white defendant, the defense attorney would have brought up his collectibles.
So it should not look like a family actually lives there?

·
Banned
250 Posts
He was fired for stupidity.

A GED education is not enough to teach you to take down your framed KKK memorabilia when selling your house...

Lucky for him the department didn't confiscate his kewl collection... that would've been more painful that the firing..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts