Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Comments: I don't troll or usually follow InfoWars, and do not have the URL saved on my puter......... however. I do find this to be very disturbing. Is this the Police Unions that are causing this kind of NAZI reactions? Just askin.......Honest question. When did Cops quit being aligned with 'To Protect and To Serve?'

Granted, the video and text in the below link only show one side of the discussion, and the text in the article says that this individual (indiviuals) have had multible encounters with LEO..... So I take it that they may not be correct either, but, however........................

» Cops Being Trained That Cell Phones Could Be Guns Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Training LEOs that a cell phone "could" be a firearm is simply an excuse to get cops off the hook for shooting someone with a phone, and claiming they thought it was a gun, instead.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
A couple quick comments.

First, anything found on Alex Jones should be vetted extensively - they tend to publish unsubstantiated nonsense, or markedly distort the factually based items they do host.

That said, functional firearms designed to look like cell phones do exist: snopes.com: Cell Phone Guns

Third, and most important: This thread will not be allowed to turn to into a police bashing fest. Please confine comments to the actual question about "cell phone guns".

·
Registered
922 Posts
snopes.com: Cell Phone Guns Deadly-Decoys

Yes. We've been taking secret classes teaching us to whack out teeny boppers with cell phones. But listen, its a secret so dont tell anybody ok?

Ive had entire neighborhoods pour out of their homes with their cell cams when we stop the very kids who are shooting up their streets and poisoning their kids with drugs. And we already video tape ourselves to protect ourselves from them LMAO. Honestly I think this entire world has gone insane. When I was a kid I'd better hope my old man never found out I'd given the Police a hard time.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
there are cell phone guns, but they look like cell phones from the 90's. im not bashing but seems like those cops were going to talk to a bunch of kids and didnt want to be recorded so she made the statement that she thought it was a gun...

Reactions: boutaswell

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Third, and most important: This thread will not be allowed to turn to into a police bashing fest. Please confine comments to the actual question about "cell phone guns".
What about an Alex Jones bashing fest?:danceban: j/k I will go queitly LOL

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This thread will not be allowed to turn to into a police bashing fest. Please confine comments to the actual question about "cell phone guns".
I wasn't bashing cops. I was discussing the legal angle of the training. People seem all too eager to press civil suits after police-involved shootings these days.

·
Registered
42,099 Posts
I wasn't bashing cops. I was discussing the legal angle of the training. People seem all too eager to press civil suits after police-involved shootings these days.
If there are grounds for a civil suit...

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
Given that it's Newark I don't blame the police for being on high alert. But, I can't believe she really thought his cell phone was a gun.

I wonder why the police were at the scene to begin with? A bunch of thugs sitting around in a park is a normal day in Newark.
It's always been known as the "Arm Pit of New Jersey".

The police are in a "dammed if you do...dammed if you don't" situation so I'm not going to pass judgement on her until I hear the whole story...not just a little Alex Jones snippet.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Maybe some impropriety going on there, but I wasn't there.

My best advice? Smile, look straight into the camera, say "It's Thursday, May 23rd, 2013, 0922 hours. I'm Officer Smith of the Anytown Police Department, Call number 123, and here is my business card." Then carry on.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Maybe some impropriety going on there, but I wasn't there.

My best advice? Smile, look straight into the camera, say "It's Thursday, May 23rd, 2013, 0922 hours. I'm Officer Smith of the Anytown Police Department, Call number 123, and here is my business card." Then carry on.
Yeah and then one of the little hoodlums pull out a 9 while the other one is messing with you and the cell phone becomes redundant right? "Newark"? "teenagers in hoodies"? "in a public park"? Why is this even a thread?

And people are befuddled over why the streets of big cities are ran by gangs.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
The cell phone gun is the successor to the pager gun. (not kidding)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
In some states, it's actually illegal to record (on any medium) a police office without his or her express permission.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Perhaps I'm splitting hairs here, but there is no "training" that cell phones are gun or guns are cell phones. There is a intel report that has been making the rounds since the early 90's about home made zip guns that are housed in cell phone cases. Its nothing new. As already pointed out, before the cell cases it was pagers. Before pagers it was zippo lighters. Much about nothing.

Other than that, just line your old football helmet with foil, all will be OK.

FWIW, I find value in about 10% in what infowars publishes. The rest is just tin foil style entertainment.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Perhaps I'm splitting hairs here, but there is no "training" that cell phones are gun or guns are cell phones. There is a intel report that has been making the rounds since the early 90's about home made zip guns that are housed in cell phone cases. Its nothing new. As already pointed out, before the cell cases it was pagers. Before pagers it was zippo lighters. Much about nothing.

Other than that, just line your old football helmet with foil, all will be OK.

FWIW, I find value in about 10% in what infowars publishes. The rest is just tin foil style entertainment.

Exactly!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts