Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my written test on Sat (4-8-06) for the corrections officer position at my county Jail. If and when I pass the written test there is a adjility test I have to pass, (which I could do no problem). I have been wanting to do this for quite some time, I hope everything works out in my favor.
Just thought I would share as i am getting anxious.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bud White said:
Oral board to I'm guessing after the written and agility test?
Yep, but I got a in that works there. My best friend is a sergent there, so he has a decent amount of pull.
Only downside is that I will proboly get stuck with the night shift for sometime. But it is something I want and I am OK with that , good $$ and bennies are worth the night shift for a while.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Good luck. It's not a job I'd want. Rather be on the street with a gun. The people that I know that do it are happy with it, though.

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
Hey Bruce

Congrats!
Hope that you get the job.

Wait a minute...didn't they already make a movie about this???:confused:
Big Monkeys with guns guarding People in cages...What da heck was that doggone movie called???
Planet Of The....something or other....I forget. :biggrin2:
Oh Well...Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
good luck, too confining for my tastes, and too much like baby sitting . did I mention I don't like whiners(which 80% of inmates are).

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rocky said:
good luck, too confining for my tastes, and too much like baby sitting . did I mention I don't like whiners(which 80% of inmates are).
But once you get into the muncipality it open's a whole new set of doors for ya. So even if I end up dislikeing this job for some reason, the road patrol is just a test away. Once your in, your in ya know thats why I gotta shoot for this. Plus Babysitting isn't that bad, my friend has been doing it for 11 years.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Best of luck with that Bruce - I'll bet it is all but a breeze for you.

Does indeed sound like a good way to get doors open over time - so maybe just a beginning.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good luck to you. I'm sure everything will work out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, from my experience, night shift in prison is much better than day anyway.
80% of the whining comes from people who work there (don't let them ruin your day).
The test is way easier than you think it will be.
You are already at an advantage because you know the Sergeant!
It pays ok.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Bruce,
Best of luck. You might think of looking at Court Security/Prisoner transport. I hear both are pretty easy and gives you some change of activity.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good luck Bruce, I wish you the best of luck Sir.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Good luck.
And welcome to LO/CO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts