Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will New Jersey get some decent gun reform now that Corzine has gone down in flames and conceded the election?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Congrats, New Jersey! Hopefully your example will send a message to all corrupt politicians.....

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Maybe I won't have to stop before I enter NJ to pack up my gear in the trunk, just to take it out again when I reach Pennsylvania!

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Congrats New Jersey.... ya'all just woke em up. Seeing the 2 candidates and some of their beliefs and approaches, I think you only had 1 good choice.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Definitely a good night for New Jersey residents.

I do not know the stance on gun control/gun rights of Gov. Elect Christie, but I sure hope he starts steering New Jersey towards the right. I hope for the residents of NJ that you all might some day enjoy the same freedoms that those of us in the free USA do.

Again, well done New Jersey!

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Would changing captains on the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg have made any difference?

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would changing captains on the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg have made any difference?
Absolutely! The new Captain probably would have made sure the lifeboats were filled to capacity before lowering away.

As it was, almost half the lifeboats were filled to less than 1/3rd - 1/2 capacity when they lowered them!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I hope that this is foreshadowing for the 2010 elections.:yup::yup:
Time to really take back the country.
I hope everyone is watching Glenn Beck...daily.:yup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I remember reading something that he does support the 2A. The question is what does he consider support to be? I'm also think gun control will fall to the bottom of his agenda and taxes to the top.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I remember reading something that he does support the 2A. The question is what does he consider support to be? I'm also think gun control will fall to the bottom of his agenda and taxes to the top.
Who knows?

O'bama says he supports the 2A.
Everyone who believes that...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I do not know the stance on gun control/gun rights of Gov. Elect Christie,
Can't tell from this if his support is of the Zumbo type, or whether he was just hedging the issue to avoid it.

Either way, no profiles in courage here. I predict he'll be worthless for RKBA.

http://blogs.app.com/capitolquickies/2009/10/27/christie-on-fox-news-talks-gun-control/

<excerpt>

Republican gubernatorial nominee Chris Christie made appearances on Monday night and Tuesday morning on GOP-friendly Fox News Channel — and used part of the first appearance to tell the Republican base about his support for certain gun control measures.

In an interview Monday night with Sean Hannity, Christie agreed with the host that New Jerseyans’ tax burden (at all levels) amounts to 60 percent of their income. He talked about the candidacy of Chris Daggett and the visits from President Barack Obama and about unemployment and the economy.

Asked if there are issues on which he’s moderate or to the left, he said, “I favor some of the gun control measures we have in New Jersey” and was interrupted by Hannity shaking his head and saying, “Bad idea.”

Christie: “We have a densely populated state and there’s a big handgun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don’t support all the things that the governor supports, by a long stretch. But on certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed — we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.”

Hannity: “Should every citizen in your state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?”

Christie: “In New Jersey, that’s not going to happen, Sean.”

Hannity: “Why?”

Christie: “Listen, with the Democratic Legislature that we have, there is no way those type of things –”

Hannity: “Would you support it?”

Christie: “Listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves. But I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets. Very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don’t have an abundance of guns out there.” He then finally extricated himself from the issue and turned the focus back to the economy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Based on Christie's responses to Hannity I would not be holding my breath for any positive change to the guns laws in NJ. Proof positive that just having an (R) behind you name doesn't necessarily mean Pro 2A.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
we will probably just not get any worse
That would be my bet.

Reversal of fortune rarely ever occurs with politics in general, never mind active attempt to do so by a politician who operates largely on power exchange and accumulation of chits.

I would not be jumping up and down if I were in NJ thinking yeah in months or a year things will chaaaaangee.

- B. Obama

1 - 20 of 33 Posts