Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are thinking of doing some traveling this summer and are wanting to add on to our CCW coverage of the US. What does the CCW in FL cost for non-residents? Residents??? What is the turn aroudn tiem for anyone that has done this? Thanks in advance all who have info.

~Andy

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can get the forms from a link on Packing.org.

The cost was $117 and the permit is good for five years. You have to furnish fingerprints, a passport photo, the completed form and a copy of a completed acceptable firearms class. As I recall it took about 60 days. They are very cooperative. The Florida program is run by the Agricultural Dept. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yep - that's the fee - and they say to allow 90 days. Mine is in the early stages ... so hoping for something thru by end of May if not before.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Let me add that>>>> Some county sheriff's offices offer "electronic" fingerprinting. They advertise that it will take approx. 50days off the wait time. Also the proof of past firearms training that they will accept is>>>U.S. military DD214 form,Honorable Discharge,or proof of "authorized CCW training course. In Fla.with the "packet" of info that you get for CCW comes a detailed list of instructions. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gents. Time to head over to Wally World and get some money orders.

~A

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
As I recall from when I sent mine in as proof of training they will also accept a classification card from a competitive shooting organization or training from any state or subdivision LEO training. I sent in copies of the training certificate from when I got my permit in Iowa (county sheriff) and my NRA Action Pistol “Expert” rating card and my old Indiana permit. I would have to look but I think they will also take a "statement" from a shooting club that you compete and you are competent in gun handling.

I plan on having my wife take the training for the Missouri CCW then use that certificate to get the Florida permit as it is honored by far more states.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Fl. - the time from mailing to receiving was 58 day and that was shortly after our three hurricane's and 2 tropical storms. Since Ivan did a number in our area, electronic finger printing was out of the question and still is 6 months later. So I was well pleased with the processing time. As for prove of training, a DD214 or copy of your military discharge paper will be excepted.

Also one more thing. Be sure to keep an eye open this fall for news on new laws regarding your legal right regarding the use of 'deadly force'. In part, is will do away with the 'duty to retreat' and allow you to stand your ground to protect yourself and property.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts