Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help

Does anyone know if the Costco in Orlando is a no carry store.

Maxwell

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Outside of the few "No Carry" areas discussed in FL law, signs from places like Costco's mean absolutely nothing.:hand1:

FL is a CC state only, so who is going to know?:confused:

I would certainly carry at such a place...concealed is concealed. The :sheep: won't see your firearm, and you are still able to defend yourself if the need should arise.:hand10:

Stay armed...you can in FL:yup:...stay safe!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
As retsupt said.........except as specified by statute, there just ain't no such thang in FL! :hand5:

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can carry in any Costco in Florida you want and are legal. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. And thats the way it is....

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
"Concealed is concealed"

'nuff said.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same here, all our Costco's have the "sign" but what they don't know won't hurt them. The most they can do is ask me to leave.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Some places like Bass Pro Shops, etc. have no gun signs up because they want to make sure that if your bring a gun in to trade or have repaired it’s unloaded.

But as others have said; unless it’s listed in Florida’s statues, you can carry there, and the worse they can do is ask you to leave.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Some places like Bass Pro Shops, etc. have no gun signs up because they want to make sure that if your bring a gun in to trade or have repaired it’s unloaded.

But as others have said; unless it’s listed in Florida’s statues, you can carry there, and the worse they can do is ask you to leave.
Yep.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I worked at the door in one for a bit and got to know a lot of the customers. See them often and get to talking- turns out two of them, at least carried and showed me their rigs. I personally didn't care and never heard any corporate policy on it.
As the others have said in Fla signs have no legal standing.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Costco in Jax

I was in the Costco in Jax a few hours ago and they didn't have a sign. My guess is they would all have one or none would. Obviously they don't have metal detectors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but what about movie theaters in FL. There's a sign at ours, but I carry anyway. I thought there was something about seating capacity?

·
Registered
306 Posts

I carried in my Bass Pro Shop today. No problems. I don't remember seeing any signs, and would have ignored them if I had. As another poster said, "concealed is concealed". And I add, "the law is the law" and the Florida Law doesn't say Bass Pro Shops and Costco are no carry locations. :smile:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but what about movie theaters in FL. There's a sign at ours, but I carry anyway. I thought there was something about seating capacity?
First things first. Same as Costco and Bass Pro. Not illegal.

Secondly, I strongly recommend you read:

Florida Firearms
Law, Use & Ownership Sixth Edtion 2009

ORLANDO GUN, WEAPON, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

This book was written by the foremost leading authority on Florida gun law and carry Mr. Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. and it will answer 95%of anything you can think of. I didn't start carrying until I read it cover to cover even though I had my CWP.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
First things first. Same as Costco and Bass Pro. Not illegal.

Secondly, I strongly recommend you read:

Florida Firearms
Law, Use & Ownership Sixth Edtion 2009

ORLANDO GUN, WEAPON, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

This book was written by the foremost leading authority on Florida gun law and carry Mr. Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. and it will answer 95%of anything you can think of. I didn't start carrying until I read it cover to cover even though I had my CWP.
Good advice. Unlike the statutes, this book is in plain and understandable English.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts