Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Before You Ask...No...Sadly...Not Mine.
Just Part Of My Reference Photo Collection.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm with jarhead... Not a fan, but I'll take a gander at any pretty gals that come along. And these fit that category. Nice looking pieces and some nice engraving.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Certainly not into CAS at all but - hey - this is history with a great aesthetic overlay.

What classics - lovely pics QK, and thx.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I like SA colt style 6 shooters. Own a Ruger Vaquero and a single six. Not really into the fancy engraving, but the form of the SA is great.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
QK,

Beautiful old Colt's! Where are the pictures from?
Several of them look like those pictured in John Kopec's book.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Wow. Just wow. The SAA and the 1911 are truly Colt's crowning acheivements. You just don't see guns that good looking and hard working anymore.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
The Colt SAA is a timeless classic. I'll forever regret selling mine, a 1957 vintage 5.5 incher in .44 Special.:frown:

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those were sold at auction

I copied the "on line" auction photos for reference photos mostly for the carved grips.
The opening bid prices were unreal.
Some up over 100 thou.

·
Registered
521 Posts
100K!!! OH MY GOD!!
But i guess being part of history and surviving 100+ years makes the value skyrocket.
beautiful pics and i like the cow head grips.
never seen those before.

i guess engraving was the "bling bling" of the day.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Old Guns

I love the Colt SAA's.I just picked up a new one this week and love it.You can see a pic of it in my avatar at the left of this post.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Saa

It is in 45 Colt and has a 4.75 inch barrel . I want to get another one for my left hand but it will take a while to save up for it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm not into the CAS stuff either. Seems kinda weird to me as far as the whole dress up thing. But that's just me. I do like the look of those old guns though. I like to see old guns come up from time to time and I get a kick out of thinking about the history behind it. I'd love to pick up a "older" SA wheelgun someday. They certainly look like a blast to shoot!

·
Registered
791 Posts
QK, the pics don't work for me but I'm also at work so that may be the problem.

I am not a big fan of shooting SAAs and the like, I don't own any. But I do think they can be some beautiful guns.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Delta Force

Nice Cowboy Gun
Great Colt 45 ~ Doggoneit what a timeless firearm. :yup:

Nice hunk of leather you have for it also. Real sweet package.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts