Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my cpl out on march 6. So it's been around 12 weeks of waiting. Just want to see the average wait for people in my county.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wolf, welcome to the waiting game. I applied on March 4, the Sheriff's dept got around to by background check last Friday, and it is on the gun board agenda for today. For for me, it will be 3.5 months before I have card in hand. If your's is not on the agenda today, it should be on the agenda for July's meeting. And that might be even later since they meet on the first Thursday of the month, and something tells me that they will not be meeting on the 4th.

I was actually surprised to hear that the holdup is not with the County Clerk's office, but with the Sheriff's dept because they have one person who does the back ground checks, and they have other duties that are deemed to be more important as well. You can call the County Clerk's office to see where yours is in the process.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Under MI law, the gun boards have 45 days after finger printing to get them checked then another 45 days to decide if there is a reason to deny. So there "should" never be more than 90 days, but.... I doubt that anyone keeps track of if they are breaking any MI laws. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Under MI law, the gun boards have 45 days after finger printing to get them checked then another 45 days to decide if there is a reason to deny. So there "should" never be more than 90 days, but.... I doubt that anyone keeps track of if they are breaking any MI laws. ;)
I kept track... I just did not want to spend the money on the lawyer to take them to task for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
july 4

Do you know when they will meet if not on July 4 I can't get any info on it.

MJClark;2777493]Wolf, welcome to the waiting game. I applied on March 4, the Sheriff's dept got around to by background check last Friday, and it is on the gun board agenda for today. For for me, it will be 3.5 months before I have card in hand. If your's is not on the agenda today, it should be on the agenda for July's meeting. And that might be even later since they meet on the first Thursday of the month, and something tells me that they will not be meeting on the 4th.

I was actually surprised to hear that the holdup is not with the County Clerk's office, but with the Sheriff's dept because they have one person who does the back ground checks, and they have other duties that are deemed to be more important as well. You can call the County Clerk's office to see where yours is in the process.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
SW Lower Michigan is a very conservative region...both politically and morally.
But you wouldn't know it when it comes to CC licensing and other 2A issues.
I live in adjacent Ottawa county and didn't have a problem... but I've heard that others have.
I've also heard that wait times in Kent county are among the longest in the state.
Clearly, the sheriff's department there views a citizen's right to self-defense as a relatively unimportant matter... with respect to how it prioritizes its responsibilities.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts