Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my colt cobras has what appears to be a very slight case of crane end shake,its so slight in fact that you care barely notice it unless you push on the crane and then you'll feel it click backwards into the frame. I did some dry firing with it and you can see the cylinder barely and I mean barely creep forward towards the forcing cone,but there is still a gap there and the cylinder turns without binding.

All of the cylinder holes appear to line up properly with the barrel and it doesn't shave or spit lead,its gotten pretty dirty and has never tied up at all while shooting it. My question is is this something that sounds like a problem,is this even crane end shake and what causes it? If it is crane end shake how is it fixed? Aren't there some kind of bushings that are fitted to the crane and then the crane is reinstalled or something to fix this? Thanks for any help on this guys.

·
Super Moderator
18,254 Posts
On the same page as the link QKShooter supplied is a listing for Cylinder Bearings, I have used these before to remove cylinder shake on S&W revolvers before. Just insert a feeler gauge between the cylinder and crane to see the thickness needed and I would order bearings at least .001 thinner, you need some clearance to allow for dirt and heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts