Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran across this......
the video is interesting with the operation, success, some problems, and be warned....a little cussing....

it looks like fun for what it is....not in performance but in operation as a "transformer"....more than meets the eye. Hide in plain sight and not what it seems to be.

novel...a sort of weird "hey look at this" conversation piece
hide in plain sight......slow to deploy
sort of a james bond type gimmick that actually works and is not a movie prop....
ammo conservation is great!!! slow rate of fire, extraction problems when dirty.

would it make a last ditch deep concealment carry.....not for me....but that would seem to be its niche.
would it be better regulated to snake shot for such....probably....and the ammo storage helps there.
or its probable best suit....a conversation piece and novelty item.....used in desperation if needed.

i am actually wanting one...but its low on the priority list....near the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
18,827 Posts
My brother-in-law has one of these, but it's in .22 Magnum. I shot it a couple of times. Ummmm ... I don't know. Seemed more of a novelty item than something to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the AR7.....still the james bond transformer hideaway gun i want......and more practical....if i could only find one that is reliable.....over the years, i went thru two Charter AR7's, one Charter Explorer, and one Survival Arms ar7 version....all less than stellar and unreliable.....

but like a moth to a flame, i will probably try again with a Henry.....that is on my list as well.....higher up the ladder than the credit card gun.

i don't really need it......my springfield armory M6 is all aces.......but still......"wants" has very little to do with logic and needs.....

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have seen those and the credit card knives. Some of the polymer credit card knives are surprisingly sharp and robust.

·
Registered
42,135 Posts
My brother-in-law has one of these, but it's in .22 Magnum. I shot it a couple of times. Ummmm ... I don't know. Seemed more of a novelty item than something to be taken seriously.
I'm holding out for the .41 Mag model.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
Probably a little less dangerous than the bad guy - maybe.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Night Sites? Grip Extensions? After-market trigger kit? Rail? Come on man!

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
My granddaughter wrote to me some time ago to say some idiot told her she should get a very similar "thing" like that for when she is running. I wrote back to her to tell her that would be a total waste of money and actually put her in more danger. That is the one I sent my G42 to at Christmas last year. Now she has a GUN that can actually do her some good if needed. She did come for one intensive lesson, but of course she needs to put in the time to practice to proficiency, but I did my part.

·
Registered
524 Posts
A fun idea, I really like the concept. But I think least effective self defense pistol in production today. A single shot 22lr that takes about 5 seconds to get a shot. Deep concealment doesn't sell this, because it fits in my pocket just the same as a 6+1 LCPII, but I could fire all 7 shots from the LCP before a single shot of the card. Same with the reload. Could have shot a whole 2nd mag before reloading the single 22, and where are you carrying that spare 22 bullet?

·
Registered
741 Posts
When all the guns disappeared last year, my local Sportsman's Warehouse started selling these to take up shelf space. Next time I'm there I should ask them how many they've sold. These definitely look like something that will show up on a History of the Gun type show in 2093. I can see why people who collect wacky guns would want one. But beyond that, I don't see any practical use for it.

·
Super Moderator
18,827 Posts
Oh yeah. The trigger pull on the credit card gun is harder than paying off a credit card balance with minimum required payments.

That's pretty hard.

Reactions: Holster and NavCop

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I think of the NAA mini revolvers as mostly a novalty, but I would much rather rely on one of those for anything utilitarian than this thing.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Interesting concept, but bad execution. I think a knife would be a better option to have.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We had a few at the shop. I almost bought one just for the novelty...but didn't

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm gonna sit this one out.

I've sunk as low in the water that's acceptable for me...a Kel-tec P32.

I did try the NAA revolvers and Guardian weapons in their various forms. I had high hopes for their .32 Guardian.

I've owned the lightest .38 spl S&W revolver too.

The fact of the matter is that they all attracted my attention but ended up not meeting expectations.

The other fact of the matter is that if I were honest about it...I knew in my head that everything would play out the way it did in the long run. That never slowed me for a second, I bought them anyway.

Why? (shrug).
Yet another fact of the matter....I always lose money on these sales. It's been down to trading 3 of these oddities for 1 nice, workable pistol.

Does this sound like I'm trying to talk myself out of buying?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm gonna sit this one out.

I've sunk as low in the water that's acceptable for me...a Kel-tec P32.

I did try the NAA revolvers and Guardian weapons in their various forms. I had high hopes for their .32 Guardian.

I've owned the lightest .38 spl S&W revolver too.

The fact of the matter is that they all attracted my attention but ended up not meeting expectations.

The other fact of the matter is that if I were honest about it...I knew in my head that everything would play out the way it did in the long run. That never slowed me for a second, I bought them anyway.

Why? (shrug).
Yet another fact of the matter....I always lose money on these sales. It's been down to trading 3 of these oddities for 1 nice, workable pistol.

Does this sound like I'm trying to talk myself out of buying?
The P-32 is not a bad deep cover gun. I've put a couple of hundred rounds through mine over the last 20 years and I can't recall any hiccups. It's not a target gun, but at 21' it can keep them all on paper. And it's certainly better than a .22 or .25. Even if your just going for penetration, 71 gr FMJ at ~800fps will get in at least 9 or 10 inches. The old 60gr Silvertips had a fairly good record for a mouse gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts