1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Good article.

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
"I love my .38 snub, but it’s not the gun I want if I’m facing a bad guy with a 9mm Glock!"

This statement, found within the article, is not well thought out for it won't matter what sort of gun the bad guy has if I get a telling shot from my .38 in him first.

It's unintelligent to place so much value in the Glock which does not make either bad guys or good guys invincible. Much better to value presence of mind and shooting skills

·
Registered
562 Posts
"I love my .38 snub, but it’s not the gun I want if I’m facing a bad guy with a 9mm Glock!"

This statement, found within the article, is not well thought out for it won't matter what sort of gun the bad guy has if I get a telling shot from my .38 in him first.

It's unintelligent to place so much value in the Glock which does not make either bad guys or good guys invincible. Much better to value presence of mind and shooting skills
+1
It doesn't much matter who is armed with what in a SD encounter ( assuming you are armed with a gun ). What matters is that you can shoot your adversary well ( badly ) enough to keep them from continuing their deadly attack on you. Arm yourself accordingly. Concentrate on the things you have some control over. You'll probably live longer that way.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good article. I'm just thankful that the criminals all get background checks before they obtain they're illegal guns. I feel so much safer.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I enjoyed that. Good article. Thanks! Fitch

·
Registered
801 Posts
Good read.

I believe he is being missunderstood with his revolver comment. I take it as "he" does not feel he has sufficient enough training with his revolver to take down a perp with a 9mm. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he would be talking about everyone.

I could be wrong though...:22a:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Its because .38 and other revolvers are outdated and criminals will just laugh if you shoot them with one.:smile: I'm joking ofcourse ( I'm a revolver fan). It was an interesting read anyhow.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts

You are right it does not make the bad guy invincible just because he has a glock 9mm just like it doesn't make a good guy if he does. That being said if it comes down to a self defense situation against someone with a semi auto 9mm pistol I would much rather have a semi auto pistol rather than a 38 special snubbie any day of the week. So their is some thought to this statement especially if there is more than one bad guy with 9mm glocks.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Our local police department invited me to inspect and evaluate a small collection of confiscated handguns that they were planning to sell. Based on this unscientific sample it appears that criminals in our jurisdiction are not well armed. Although there were a few exceptions, many of the guns were Hi-Points, Ravens, Jennings, Cobras, etc. In other words, crappy, unreliable firearms.

·
Registered
20,259 Posts

Amen brother. I'd feel just as comfortable with a SAA, or 1911 throwing big heavy junks of lead in 6 or 7 shot guns.

This type of rhetoric does a disservice to all who read and buy into it.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I did not read the story. I will assume any person engaging in criminal activity has a stolen, modern, functional, loaded weapon and knows how to use it. Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it. :yup:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Good info! Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very Interesting :listen:

I do wonder though just how many of those examples may be visiting DC and possibly reading this post? Could be used as ah training suggestion for both sides? If their A.D.D. lets um read the whole thing :tapedshut:

It doesn’t mater whether you have ah 4-round derringer or ah multiple~round handgun or ah rifle wearing ah evil over 5-round clip . . . oops . . . my bad; eye mean magazine. Just put your first pull where it needs to go and you’ll fare much better that multiple~hits to ah phoot. Even a sharp stick delivering ah vital puncher will work better then multitudinous rounds missing CNS hit`s.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts