1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the Crimson Trace
for my LCP. Want to hear from those
that own this product on the LCP.
Is it Quality? Does it stay sighted in after shooting?
Is laser dot easily seen during daytime?
I am already very good at shooting the LCP with the
sights as well as point shooting both while moving and
standing from a good distance. I'm thinking the laser sight
will add even better range, accuracy, and a higher intimidation
factor if it was ever needed.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Thinking of getting the Crimson Trace
for my LCP. Want to hear from those
that own this product on the LCP.
Is it Quality? Does it stay sighted in after shooting?
Is laser dot easily seen during daytime?
I am already very good at shooting the LCP with the
sights as well as point shooting both while moving and
standing from a good distance. I'm thinking the laser sight
will add even better range, accuracy, and a higher intimidation
factor if it was ever needed.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Yes, it's good quality. Seems to stay sighted after shooting, but I have not shot the gun a lot after putting it on. (gun is currently loaned out) Daytime---depends, aiming at something the bright sun is shinning on, it's kinda hard to see. From what you post, it sounds like it would be a waste of money for you, and just add weight that is not needed.

Z

·
Registered
120 Posts
The CT adds no size or weight to the weapon worth mentioning.

In my opinion adding the CT to the little LCP with a sight radius as small as it may be is a no-brainer.

The LCP isn't a target gun or plinking gun like a .22 pistol might be where you work on sight alignment and target aquisition.

The LCP is a SHTF personal defense weapon. Pull it out and point that little red dot at the threat-whether you're pointing from the hip, eye-level, or over your shoulder.

A CT on this or any other personal defense weapon is a no brainer in my world.

Dirty

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I have one on my LCP. I like it. IMO you just can't beat not having to "aim" the gun, but I suppose there's always that one chance it won't work when you really need it. I like being able to keep both my eyes open and simply point the red dot where I want to hit. I've been practicing shooting instinctively around the house , drawing and pointing the gun (in a shooting stance) at a light switch, magazine, ceiling light, then seeing how close the red dot was to where the LCP is pointed. I'm thinking of getting one for my P9.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'll chime in on the negative side. I bought them for my LCP and P239 and ended up getting rid of both after a short time.

I found myself getting sort of tunnel vision by focusing on that little red dot and it was very hard to switch back to regular sights after using the laser. IMO, you are better off learning to use the sights and point shoot. I put a bit of orange Bright Sights paint on my front LCP sight nub and it made a 1000% difference.

Then you have do deal with the fact that the CT are dependent on batteries, which could fail at the worst time.

That's just my 2 cents. They are an expensive toy where the money could be put to better use on ammo, night sights or training.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts