Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in an LG-105 LaserGrip for my S&W 642. I can order it from the Crimson Trace website for $209 or I can order it from an Ebay seller for $157. The Ebay seller has many sales and very good feedback, I'm just wondering if I'll be voiding a warranty or something if I buy on Ebay. Anything I should know or be careful of?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Lots of Ebay frauds out there. Make sure it is a true Crimson Trace and not a knock off, if you can, look at the CT website to see what it says about warranty. Is this guy an authorized dealer? If not, I suspect you may have issues with warranty if it is a true CT.

·
Administrator
144,496 Posts
Just pay attention to the seller feedback.
If the feedback profile is good then go for it.
I buy and sell on Ebay all the time and out of thousands of completed transactions - I have only ever had a few problems.

Suggestions: Pay for shipping insurance.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've purchased a few on eBay, but all have been sellers who also tend to have storefronts, so the receipt is actually from them. I also take advantage of cashback from Microsoft's Bing search (8% back on eBay purchases at the moment, but I wait until it peaks) to bring the price down further.

So far, everything's come new in box complete with warranty card, and even got the 'free batteries for life' with my most recent (incidentally an LG-105).

If you ARE nervous about it, you can usually track down the name of the storefront by searching for the seller's store name and the prices are usually only a few dollars more than on eBay itself.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I have been looking at Shooters Resource. Some on this forum have made positive comments about them. They are an authorized CT dealer. I think they are selling the LG-105 for $159.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You don't have to buy from CT. Lots of vendors sell CT products for less than on their site. Does not effect the warranty in any way. Some don't think lasers are a benefit on handguns but If there is one handgun that the CT grips were made for its the J frames.

·
Administrator
144,496 Posts
BTW: I have purchased both Laser Max & Crimson Trace on Ebay and all were complete with the mfg. warranty card.

Also BTW: If any members own a CT or a LM unit and have not filled-out/sent-in a warranty card and there is a problem with the unit being a factory defect.
Call them & get an RA (return authorization) and chances are very good that they will repair or replace it anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just purchased a GTL21 tactical light/laser combo from a seller with good ratings. I hope all goes well. Should arrive this week. I've not had trouble with any of my purchases in the past.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have bought and sold since 98. Heck for years, you could sell guns on eBay. but anyway.... eBay is as good or bad as the dealer. I have had more problems with buyers, than dealers. Check feedback, but remember, you can;t please everyone. Since 98, I had 3 negatives, also look for how long they have been a dealer, and check and see if the feedback is for them selling things. I could seup a eBay account, buy a ton of little items, and get a high 100% postive feedback in very little time. Most people selling on eBay are good people just trying to make a living.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts