Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving my new PPS Classic. I've been through around 400 rounds over the past couple of weeks and it worked without a hiccup. Just got 3 new mags in 6/7/8 round capacity and plan to test those out later today. The only issue is....my 62 year old eyes.

I think the Trijicon HD sights that came on my gently used PPS are the best close range sights I have ever used, but even with them I found that I shoot my old Crimson Trace equipped PM 9 as well as the PPS and for me, the difference is the laser, since I think the PPS is inherently easier to shoot due to the additional weight, reale estate available for a better grip and crisper trigger with more pronounced reset.

So, as I am gearing up to add the PPS to the rotation, I decided I want a laser and being limited to a rail mounted laser have looked at Veridian, Crimson Trace and Laser Max. I like the ability of the Veridian to be automatically turned on as it is removed from the holster, but have been put off by some reviews of its build quality as well as by its larger size. The Laser Max is the smallest and takes up the least rail space, Crimson Trace seems a schooch larger than the Laser Max but not enough to make a difference. I like CT products and their customer service.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Crimson Trace Rail Master or the Laser Max Micro? BTW, in either case, I am going with a green laser this time.

Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use a Truglo Micro-tac Laser, in green, on a XD mod 2. It's been a great addition to someone who has not great vision, and it is the smallest one I found

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
I do not care at all for the rail master, all other crimson trace products have been very well made but the rail master is the only laser I have ever had to replace by breaking from making a holster for a gun with the rail master. The rail master is the only customer supplied laser I will not build a holster for, I broke the circuit board for the laser by hand boning a holster to fit this laser.
Dont get me wrong this isn't a cs bashing as they make some good stuff but the rail master is not one of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts