Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered 50 rounds of critical duty 135 gr +p in 9mm.Gonna see how it runs in the cw9.Anybody used this ammo ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not the +P. I use the 135g in my Kimber Solo. Works great. Anything less than 135 BTW for a Solo will make you want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that weight in +p will give decent expansion and penetration.Currently using winchester +p+ in 127 gr .A little too much recoil for fast follow up shots.Figured i will shoot one box of cd and see how it does and save the other box for edc.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
just ordered 50 rounds of critical duty 135 gr +p in 9mm.Gonna see how it runs in the cw9.Anybody used this ammo ?
It'll work quite well in a CW9.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I use it in my xd 9. Works well. I like the heavy weight but in +p you still get good velocities for expansion.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
from what i understand the critical duty was designed for full sized (duty) hand guns, with full length barrels. it may produce more muzzle flash/blast and recoil when used in compact guns.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have used it, I noticed the rubber tip seems to drag on the feed ramp a little bit of my 19 but it feeds just fine, I like the idea of a 135g +p round, it has a little weight & the extra punch

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
I have CD 115gr FTX that cycles through my PF9 very well. I have never thought to try the 135gr. Maybe I'll give that a shot (no pun intended).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
From what I've read...Critical Duty was designed for LEO in their carry weapons due to better "barrier" penetration.

Critical Defense was designed for..well "Defensive" purposes aka Self Defense ammunition.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the critical duty in today.just went through 26 rounds with no problems.the other 24 are in my carry mags right now.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I use it in both of my S&Ws: Shield 9 and Full Size 9. Runs great...just ordered another 150 rds of it.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
There is a critical video up on "Military Arms Channel' on you tube.

I am still using Critical Duty in .40. Though i might check out Speer.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've used them, but have Critical Defense in my gun. I've also shot Hornady's Tap and Zombie Max. They all work flawless in my opinion. I probably have a couple hundred rounds of assorted Hornady ammunition.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It might have been designed for LE use but I don't know of any agency that uses it. Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot are used most along with Winchester Ranger and Remington Golden Saber. Corbon and a few other small company ammo brands are used but no Hornady. From all the video and test results I have seen I know why it is not used and I would only carry it if that was all I could get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts