Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this CRKT Carson M16-13LE folder from Grand Prairie Knives (http://www.gpknives.com/). Delivery time was 5 days, and the price was right, $45.00, which is about 50% off retail. The blade is shaving sharp & locks up tight with no play or slack and the liner lock is easily manipulated to fold the blade. Overall, this is a very high quality knife.

One handed opening is easy by using the thumb stud only, or by partially opening the blade with the "Carson Flipper" (that's the round projection on the base of the blade) then using the thumb stud to finish opening. Either way works. The "Carson Flipper" is supposed to make it easier to open the blade when wearing gloves. It does work.

One last note, this knife is last year's model (which probably accounts for the discounted price), consequently it does not feature what CRKT calls the "LAWKS" safety system, which is supposed to aid in blade lock-up. Maybe it does, but it also adds more parts. I figure the fewer moving parts in a folding knife, the better, so I'm completely satisfied with this knife as is.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/TWC2/100_0048.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good review. I've yet to have used anything but the flipper to open mine. A decent flick is all it takes to lock open and an uninterrupted slide of the finger forward locks the LAWKS.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I only use the Flipper on mine also and it is lightning fast. I have had people ask me if it was a "switch blade?"

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love my CRKT M-16. It's a great knife for the price. I only use the flipper as well. One flick and the knife is open. I beat the hell out of mine and it has held up very well. I thought they have all used the LAWKS system for quite some time. I have this one

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have an M16-12Z which I like, but it seems to rust pretty easily ( lots of tiny brown spots on the blade) which I'm not thrilled about. I rarely carry it anymore, opting instead for a Kershaw Leek with the DLC coating or Blackout.

But the CRKT still sits on my desk and is fun to flip open and shut while I'm on conference calls. :smile:

-Paul

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
The CRKT Knives are good And don't usually cost an arm and leg
I own Several different Models and am happy with them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts