Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
I got to handle one of those at the SHOT show two years ago. Pretty nice.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Looks good, but also looks like a finger remover.
I don't carry stand alone knives anymore. My EDC leatherman can do a whole lot more than a knife.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually on my radar, I’m a fan of the kerambit knife and how it’s used in self defense.

They make the all metal version for 200 and the plastic handle version for 100. Seems to be a nice piece of workmanship.

Can I still use man or should I use workpersonship??? I’m so confused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I have a bit of a history with knives. If I don’t cut myself in the first 15 minutes, I never will. If I’m not in the ER an hour after first opening it, you can consider it safer than it looks.
I have no intention using it for a fighting knife. Unless I’m attacked while opening a box.

·
Administrator
144,198 Posts
I actually saw that knife pop up in one of those...cool things that men must own....YouTube videos.
Thought it had pretty neat mechanics and a certain good helping of "cool factor"
Just not my personal preferred blade configuration.
I could enjoy playing around with one though.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
I am not a potential buyer, because I don't care for karambits, but I always thought the attraction of them was that they were small and thin and were instantly ready to go on the draw, no manipulation required. This design seems to take away all those advantages, but that is just MHO.

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
I can justify a need for all of my guns, but I can not justify a need for that knife.
I can justify anything, and if I can't I have enough friends who are enablers who will help me....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I haven’t cut myself, yet. It’s larger than I thought, and feels sturdy. I still need to use it to cut something to see how it handles. It’s a bit difficult to close, but, I’m not used to it. I have no idea how to use a karambit, as the blade curves away from the hand.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Well, I haven’t cut myself, yet. It’s larger than I thought, and feels sturdy. I still need to use it to cut something to see how it handles. It’s a bit difficult to close, but, I’m not used to it. I have no idea how to use a karambit, as the blade curves away from the hand.
That makes me want one. You kind of use it like a carpet knife. But with a ring that you can put your pinky in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watch Doug from Forged in Fire on YouTube. He has some great vids on how to use a kerambit for defense. It’s a Filipino martial arts thing with tons of videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts