Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too keen on holsters that allow the muzzle of the gun to protrude. In my mind, I'm afraid the front sight may catch on the bottom of the holter.

Anyone (perferably those who use it) had any problem with this and the Supertuck? I see that it's grooved, but...?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I own two Supertucks. Never had it happen. The kydex is flared significantly at the muzzle, it would be impossible draw at such an angle for the front sight to snag it.

GREAT holsters, by the way. Don't hesitate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been using the supertuck for about 6 mos now, no prob whatsoever w/ the sights even coming close to catching on the edge of the bottom of the holster. There's about 0.5 inch space for the sights clear the kydex. I just tried to make it catch - and couldn't.

btw, I carry a glock 27 w/ trijicon night sights....not sure if others with diff guns have had a problem tho.

·
Registered
40,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good so far. It's for a Glock 30 by the way, so if the G27 doesn't catch, it should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I own a MicroTuck and had a MiniClip for my Kahr PM9 and MK9. I've never had the sights snag on draw. If there was ever an issue with it, I'm sure you would have heard about it in the numerous, numerous CrossBreed threads.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I carry a glock 30sf in the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have not had one problem of any kind with gun or holster. I can't say enough good things about Crossbeed!

·
Registered
40,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's so often that the bad-mouthers speak up. Nice to see some "pro" comments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had a supertuck for my XD9 and never have I had a problem with thefront sight getting caught on anything. Its a good quality holster.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Glock 19 in a Supertuck and have never had the problem you ask about.

Joker1

·
Registered
159 Posts
One of mine is for a G30sf... Great combo. You can clearly see in the photo below what we are talking about with the flare in the kydex.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a S&W 442 and have not had any problems with my supertuck.

·
Registered
40,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a winner. ST will be on my list of things to get. Thanks all!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I took a training course in the late summer where we were constantly drawing and never had any problems with the sight snagging. The bigger problem was the metal clips not holding on as seen in the picture below after multiple draws (yes, I posted this in another thread too).

Switching to the J-clips has solved this but I don't have high hopes for the longevity of them. Hopefully crossbreed will design a metal J-clip to replace them.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Never a problem with my CBST, I carry a Sig P220R, I have the J-hooks, and they absolutely don't let the holster ride up. I've had mine for almost a year, and the J-hooks are still like new.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I took a training course in the late summer where we were constantly drawing and never had any problems with the sight snagging. The bigger problem was the metal clips not holding on as seen in the picture below after multiple draws (yes, I posted this in another thread too).

Switching to the J-clips has solved this but I don't have high hopes for the longevity of them. Hopefully crossbreed will design a metal J-clip to replace them.

While we have not gone to a steel j-hook, we HAVE gone to a new embossed steel snaplok that has greater tension to stay closed around the bottom of the belt and is also far stronger and won't bend at the cross as the old stamped style tended to do.

A 1.5 inch gunbelt is also a great help in this regards.

thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts

This looks to be a belt issue more than an issue with the holster. The belt in the picture looks to be 1" thick with rounded edges. Once i have mine on with my 1.5" belt, that thing's not going anywhere, no matter how many draws you pull. At night, i actually find it easy to slide the belt through the ST holster than to remove it from the belt first. Great holster, you'll love it.

Just so this links up with the original topic: G23 worn every day for several months now and never a problem drawing with the Trijicon night sights.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts