Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some opinions on the best options for a cross-draw appendix carry holster. I am a right handed shooter and would have the holster near the front of my left hip closer to my stomach. I am preferably looking for a OWB holster for a single stack 9 (S&W shield 9mm). Any other carry options are appreciated. Just trying to get some ideas

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Never seen a owb cross draw that concealed well as designed but some cross draws may work better if carried on your strong side in front of your hip . Make for a easy draw with limited movement . Iwb can work far batter at concealment set up with a rear cant in the same position . I and my wife have a pair of holsters made by Nelson Holsters make us a couple "cross draws " warn as I said . They had a flap that fit over your pants and would lock in under a belt to give a little more support . Worked well for a cm9 or cw9 and bersa cc380 . My 1911 ultra fits mine but too much weight above the belt and will lean out a bit . Perfer a old hybrid iwb !!

Mine - http://www.nelsonholsters.com/images/custom/kharcd1.jpg

Wifes - http://www.nelsonholsters.com/images/custom/bersacd1.jpg

I have a daughter that use's a Foxx Deluxe Trapp between he belt and pants rear cant strong side also has one of there little hybrids for a larger pistol . Cant adjustable in both directions and some have a bit of vertical adjustment . Sheild holster should

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Nelson custom made a great cross draw for my first P938. It concealed very well under just a t-shirt, and was in a great position while seated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Theeeennnn it won't be any kind of "appendix", will it (your appendix is on your right)? Jeff Cooper called it (the opposite of 'appendix carry) "spleen" carry in the 60s. Not that the spleen is down that low; the whole notion of 'spleen', 'kidney', and 'appendix' that Jeff originated was used simply to communicate the 'clocking' around the waistline and not to be taken literally. Got a fancy book of his here to prove it. But no, I don't ever recommend that any holsters be carried between 2:00 and 10:00.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Could say Front Half Carry and let a person figure it out !! . You can spend days looking at holster makers iwb and owb designs and if you have a idea a lock Tack Shop can more than likely make what you want too .

·
Registered
859 Posts
Could say Front Half Carry and let a person figure it out !! . You can spend days looking at holster makers iwb and owb designs and if you have a idea a lock Tack Shop can more than likely make what you want too .
Then I reckon we just call a spade a spade: call it Belly Carry!

·
Registered
565 Posts
just remember, when using a crossdraw, the pistol grip is really available for the bad guy in front of you.
And at 4:30, it's available to the BG behind you.:gah:

Thank goodness it's concealed.:image035:
If I was a criminal and I wanted to disarm someone I would find someone with a gun behind their hip, then I would push them into something real hard from behind and take their gun.* Easier than accosting them from the front, I would think.
*My friend was (successfully) mugged in this manner in a busy parking lot, midday. In front of God and everyone.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Clark Fork Leather made me a beautiful leather owb cross draw holster based on the Askins Avenger style. I wear it about 2:00 so that may quality as cross draw "appendix" (I'm left handed).

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If I was a criminal and I wanted to disarm someone I would find someone with a gun behind their hip, then I would push them into something real hard from behind and take their gun.* Easier than accosting them from the front, I would think.
*My friend was (successfully) mugged in this manner in a busy parking lot, midday. In front of God and everyone.
your friend must have not being alert of his surroundings much, don't let people too close to you with out giving them a look.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Guess you never heard of the Tacticool Roll. Nerds study it, William Shatner perfected it. Care to give some details on this mugging? How did the criminal know your friend was carrying?

Around here, where people are pretty nice, I've never seen this happen. Where did this occur? Detroit?

Thanks for any further tips on this specific event.

Oh wait...could this be apocryphal? Interdasting share. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts