Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on 10/30/2008, I ordered a MiniTuck for my PPK, and they told me it would be 2-3 weeks.

Should have known not to trust them... it took 3 business days. :image035:
I love it, but there are times when I really would prefer to carry my J-frame, and I still would prefer to have a single clip.
:hand10:
I agonised over a holster for the my S&W - I have a 2" model 60 and a 3" model 36 with a square grip.
Really hoped I could find something that would work for both, but was really concerned about ride height, thickness, and retention. :blink:
Late last monday afternoon (11/17/2009), I finally bit the bullet and ordered a QwickClip for the J-frame. Again, they quoted a 2-3 week delivery.
When I checked the mail today (11/21), it had arrived, and included a packages of Lifesavers besides! :danceban::danceban:

I've only had an hour or so to try it, but so far I like it.
It was delivered with zero cant, but I think I'll try the FBI setting after I give the original setting a fair try-out.
It's very stiff, but I knew that from my other - a day or so will take care of that.
I've tried both the 2" and the 3", and both are firmly held at a good ride height, with a comfortable leather pad between the barrel tip and me.
I've never been able to carry the 3" concealed before, but this won't be a problem at all.
I do have a scratch already from the edge of the cylinder, but that's not a surprise - I think I pulled when I should have twisted a bit. (I've had the same stickyness with my Smartcarry... The cylinder edge grabs a bit.)

I may come back tomorrow and say "I hate it", but I can't imagine why. Right now, I think this will be my default.

I did notice a couple of things.
The clip is twice the width of my other holster's, and has a fairly sharp edge.
The pictures looked like there was a bit of a catch tab at the end, but this is just a sharp cutoff.
Also, I had kind of expected the new steel clips, and was a bit surprised but not disappointed. I think this will blend in very well.

I'll try to update this in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Glad you like the holster, it's too bad that there is so much 'false' advertising...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Spensergig,

I'm encouraged by your speedy service! I ordered my QuikClip and a belt on 11/13. (I know the orders take longer with a belt.) Glad to hear you are happy with the product. I can't wait to get my J-frame in a real IWB (been limping along with an AceCase cheapo).

When you say you already have a scratch are you refering to the leather?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats on your new gear!
I just got 2 supertucks in 5 business days, and got the FREE Lifesavers too! Dad and Bro are getting new CC rigs for Christmas this year! I hope Ma isn't jealous since she's usually the one getting the good gun stuff!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PastorPack - yeah, I scratched the leather about 2-3 inches long.
I think that a coat of polish should cover/blend it pretty well, though.

Since I spent a lot of time wondering how a revolver would ride, and whether a kydex holster would be a good choice, I'm going to try to get a few photos of the QwikClip with both the 2" and the 3", as well as the old OWB I'd been using until now.

I'm also going to try to get photos of the MiniTuck with the PPK and the PPKS to show the comparison on how they ride.

I'll try to take the photos and post them tomorrow.

(Have to do this quietly - my wife doesn't know about the new holster.) :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad you got speedy service. It is nice when a vendor is able to do better on delivery times than what you expect.

·
Registered
358 Posts
got mine today... it also took about 3 business days

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ordered mine close to 11:30pm on 11/22/09 and received the confirmation email 11/23/09 at 1:48am. I assume that Thanksgiving will not count as a business day and with holiday mail clogging up delivery time I may be lucky enough to get my holster on Saturday 11/27 or 30/2009.

Black Cowhide, RH Draw, Standard cut for my Glock 26!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I just ordered a SuperTuck for my SIG SP2022 to-day. If I like it I'll get one for my right side...

Yeah, it's great when they mess up on the sooner side, quite the opposite of getting brass these days!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ordered mine close to 11:30pm on 11/22/09 and received the confirmation email 11/23/09 at 1:48am. I assume that Thanksgiving will not count as a business day and with holiday mail clogging up delivery time I may be lucky enough to get my holster on Saturday 11/27 or 30/2009.

I got My Crossbreed SuperTuck Holster today finally, so considering the holiday off for postal service, I guess I got my Holster on the 3rd business day after order confirmed! :hand10:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mark has gotta have at least 24 hands to get all those orders out in the time frame we're seeing!!!:image035:
Got my SuperTuck in 9 days....and I still think THAT's pretty incredible, considering the quality of the craftsmanship.....
So.....once again.....Kudos to Mark and Crossbreed!!!:wink:

·
Registered
237 Posts
:congrats:

Ordered mine the same day as Hustle and got it yesterday also, gotta love these guys.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mark has gotta have at least 24 hands to get all those orders out in the time frame we're seeing!!!:image035:
Got my SuperTuck in 9 days....and I still think THAT's pretty incredible, considering the quality of the craftsmanship.....
So.....once again.....Kudos to Mark and Crossbreed!!!:wink:
I second that! :congrats:

Thanks to everyone involved in making Crossbreed products/service so great!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
OK, you guys got me convinced. I have been holding off because of the "ugly factor" even though the holsters get rave reviews and look like they would be extremely functional. Then I looked in the mirror, thought about the above and said to myself, "Self, who are you kidding about something being ugly and functional? You are about as ugly as it gets and you get it done." So I went to the site today and ordered up..

CrossBreed has something you don't see in many other makers websites: a well-thought out, fully functional, easy to use, on-line ordering and payment system that positively replies to your input!

I ordered two: a super tuck for my RAMI and a quik-clip for my CZ-82. By the sounds of things, I will be having an early Christmas! Pictures to follow when the holsters arrive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
OK, you guys got me convinced. I have been holding off because of the "ugly factor" even though the holsters get rave reviews and look like they would be extremely functional. Then I looked in the mirror, thought about the above and said to myself, "Self, who are you kidding about something being ugly and functional? You are about as ugly as it gets and you get it done." So I went to the site today and ordered up..

CrossBreed has something you don't see in many other makers websites: a well-thought out, fully functional, easy to use, on-line ordering and payment system that positively replies to your input!

I ordered two: a super tuck for my RAMI and a quik-clip for my CZ-82. By the sounds of things, I will be having an early Christmas! Pictures to follow when the holsters arrive.
Great!! Now I just gotta convince my wife to get me one of the Crossbreed Belts to match my holster for X-Mas :santaclaus: maybe! I have needed a regular belt for a while, so Im sure she will see it as killing 2 birds with 1 stone! :king:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sweet!

I just ordered my 2nd CB holster yesterday, glad to hear I may not have to wait 3 weeks!

Though, it would be worth it. I have one for my LCP and it's great. I had been hesitant to try and carry my 9, but if my supertuck is as good as the MicroClip, I shouldn't have any problems concealing it.:hand10:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just ordered my 2nd CB holster yesterday, glad to hear I may not have to wait 3 weeks!

Though, it would be worth it. I have one for my LCP and it's great. I had been hesitant to try and carry my 9, but if my supertuck is as good as the MicroClip, I shouldn't have any problems concealing it.:hand10:
i have a glock 19 that i carry in mine and you can't see it at all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great!! Now I just gotta convince my wife to get me one of the Crossbreed Belts to match my holster for X-Mas :santaclaus: maybe! I have needed a regular belt for a while, so Im sure she will see it as killing 2 birds with 1 stone! :king:
i ordered a black belt from crossbreed (when i ordered my holster) with the velcro clips and it works so good that i'm wanting to order the brown color with the velcro kit and do away with all of my other belts all together.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The Supertuck is a fantastic example of function over form. When the cosmetics or artistic aspects of the holster aren't a concern, this is probably the best holster for you. It looks like something my grandfather would have made on his workbench out of previous used objects that had been relegated to the parts piles. For some, that's no good. For me, it is oddly comforting.

I imagine it saves a massive amount of time during manufacturing too. Good business model.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts