Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.5 inch crossbreed belt and it serves my purposes fairly well. I can't help but wonder though if I shouldn't have spent the extra $20-30 and gotten the Beltman 1.5 inch bullhide belt.

For those of you that have experience with BOTH belts, could you give me a rundown of what you thought? Is the beltman good enough to justify spending another $80-90 bucks when I already have a "decent" gun belt.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just finished a similar thread recently. Thos who bought the CB belt seemed to be quite happy with it. The deciding factor for me was that the CB belt has a lifetime warranty vs BELTMAN's 1 year warranty. The CB belt with velcro kit totaled $100 and some change. The BELTMAN of same style would have been close to $30+ more, and did not include any Velcro Clips to attach to my SuperTuck Holster. I would have had to spend more money to order thise pushing price in total up around $150.

The comment that stuck in my mind on my thread was that a person who bought a BELTMAN belt said for IWB carry it was overkill. Way too much belt for his his needs. If you carry OWB then BELTMAN excells, butIWB you may do just as well with the CB belt for the diff in price. Since I carry IWB using the SuperTuck, the CB belt was the better buy for me. The lifetime warranty, and great customer serve is worth giving them the benefit of the doubt IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a 1.5 inch crossbreed belt and it serves my purposes fairly well. I can't help but wonder though if I shouldn't have spent the extra $20-30 and gotten the Beltman 1.5 inch bullhide belt.

For those of you that have experience with BOTH belts, could you give me a rundown of what you thought? Is the beltman good enough to justify spending another $80-90 bucks when I already have a "decent" gun belt.
No. It is not worth buying another belt when you have a Crossbreed that works just fine. I don't own either. I am just using common sense. I think between those two it is just personal preference. The warranty on the crossbreed is a great factor along with the cheaper price.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've owned both, and they are both great belts. Only thing I can see that Beltman has over CB is buckle selection and option. I dislike the CB buckle, but only slightly, becuase it pokes out my shirts when they are untucked. If I were to buy another belt, I would by another CB based on price alone, but if I needed a different style buckle it would be BM.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've owned both, and they are both great belts. Only thing I can see that Beltman has over CB is buckle selection and option. I dislike the CB buckle, but only slightly, becuase it pokes out my shirts when they are untucked. If I were to buy another belt, I would by another CB based on price alone, but if I needed a different style buckle it would be BM.
You should check out A&G Custom Leather made in Gainesville, GA if you haven't already. Al makes an excellent belt, great customer service, and has quick turnaround times. I have never seen a Beltman in person but from the pictures, A&G belts look similar but just a bit nicer imo (and cheaper).

Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts