Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Kimber custom II and am looking for an IWB holster. Im looking hard at the Crossbreed supertuck for the fullsize 1911, I am wondering if anybody has any experience with this holster. I am 5'4 and 140 lbs, so the 1911 is pretty big on me and wondering if any other holsters could help me conceal this beauty. Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I used to carry a full size CZ75 in one no problem, and that has a wider grip, same barrel length.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm using one with my commander sized 1911, and love it. Very comfortable and very concealable, I would highly recommend a super tuck. But with any holster with a 1911 you are going to want a good gun belt, which Crossbreed makes as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one that I carry a springer champion in (same size grip, but smaller barrel).. I have no problems with it.. I also have one from my XD .40 service (my primary carry).. Keeps the firearm close to my body and very concealable.. my only problem is wearing it while tucking a dress shirt in.. It makes me look like I have an abnormal growth on my strong side.. Looks very lopsided.. My mother-in-law actually asked me if I was ok that I looked like I have cancerous growth or something.. So now I move the holster to closer to 4:30 when I have to tuck a shirt in and try to blouse my shirt a bit more then normal.. That helped out a lot..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered the Crossbreed today, thanks for the help. Now I have to play the waiting game.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently have a Supertuck for my DW CBOB and I am currently in the process of "breaking it in". It's been only a few days, and it's becoming more and more comfortable. I carry mine in the 4:30 position. It's comfortable when I move around, but lousy on long drives. (that's probably true with most IWB holsters) My Supertuck is in horsehide, which I believe takes a little longer to break in. I am using a strong belt from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather for it which makes it much more stable. I didn't want to suffocate with my normal size pants, so I bought a couple pairs of jeans one size up.
I have a Kahr PM9 in a Crossbreed MicroTuck and it works very well. I can wear it all day with just shorts and a t-shirt and no ones knows I'm wearing it. I'm 5'11', 225lbs so that gun conceals well. I ordered a C5 Montana XLT , which looks like a Sparks VMII clone, but for a much lesser price and turn around time. I'm going to give both holsters a fair shot to see which one is overall most comfortable and conceals the best. What ever holster you get, make sure you at least get a good belt.:AR15firing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts