Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Glock 27 which will be my EDC once my permit comes in. I also have a Glock 19, the holsters I already own fit both pistols. My question is if I get a Supertuck will it fit both weapons, and if so should I get the one for the 19 or for the 27?

Also what is the advantage to the horsehide if any?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't all glocks pretty much shaped exactly the same? Just slide lenghts and grip lengths different? If I am correct, then yes one supertuck will work for any Glock since it's open ended, the longer slides wiill just stick out the bottom. It is also very easy to reshape the Kydex if it isn't just perfect with just a little heat. I reformed an MTAC made for an XD to fit my G19 nicely. I only had to reshape the trigger guard area a little to match the Glock trigger guard shape.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I own a 27 and a 23 and both fit in my supertuck just fine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Supertuck fits both the 19 and 27 perfectly. I ordered one for the 19 and it works for both. I am almost positive that regardless of which one you select they cut them both the same. You can call over to Mark at Cross Breed and he can confirm but personally I wouldn't worry about it.

I have two cow hides ... one for the 19/26/27 and one for the XDm. No experiance with the horse hides so I can't comment.

In any event I love the Cross Breed Supertucks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I'm getting one for sure, thanks to the countless plugs and positive reviews on this site. Just trying to finalize the decision.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They will fit both. Actually, my Supertuck for my G26 holds my Ruger 95 pretty darn well (although I don't carry it).

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I've had my Supertuck for just over a year. Ever since Mark switched from plastic clips to metal clips I've had nothing to complain about. I also have a QwikClip and a belt from CBH. They're all very sturdy, very comfortable.

1. The kydex molded outer shell has enough flexibility to compensate for the very minor difference in dimensions between a G27 and a G19. The "hairdryer trick" works very well (instructions are still included with the holster, I think).

2. Horsehide has a tighter grain which resists absorption better than cowhide. I think this is also the reason why horsehide is only available in "natural" color (won't absorb dye properly). It's a stiffer, sturdier leather but the cowhide is still an excellent choice, nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the Horsehide option for my Crossbreed Supertuck. It is pretty much my EDC setup with my Beretta PX4 Storm in .40 cal.

In CA, it can get warm in the summer and the Horsehide was the way to go for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep, i agree too that you'll be fine with the fit.
Mine fits my Glock 30sf and my XDm40 no problem.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Super tuck specifically states that one holster will fit all guns of a similar design.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey "timizzi" how long did it take you to get your holster from them ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts