Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recent experience ordering from Crossbreed? I ordered a Minituck for my CM9 on 23 April but it's still showing as "not yet shipped." They have a disclaimer on the website that says allow 8 weeks for delivery. I feel like a kid back in the day who ordered x-ray glasses from the back of a comic book -- remember that wait?

Hoping someone has had some recent experience with ordering who can offers some insight or expectation.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Next time take a look at the Galco King Tuk. I like it better and it looks like better quality at a lower price. I found mine in stock at OpticsPlanet and got it within the week. You can see the quality difference. Sometimes handmade does not mean better. Cutting leather to a template shape and bolting on a kydex shell that any kid can make at home, is not the same as a handmade Milt Sparks holster. The King Tuk has sewn seams and less leather that makes it more comfortable plus you do not have to wait weeks or advertise the owner's religion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Prepare for a lond wait, I order one on 27 Feb, should be shipping out the beginning of next week. They have a Facebook page and post updates on what orders are shipping.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered on Mar 1st. They told me it should ship next week. 10 weeks is rediculous. It doubt I will go through this again when there is a plethora of choices out there. Like Old Dog said, it is a slab of leather and some kydex, not a custom all leather stitched holster.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I ordered mine on the 11th March and am still waiting, 8 weeks and counting, I certainly hope it was worth the wait..

Gary

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn, wish I'd posted this BEFORE ordering. Thanks folks, at least I can manage my expectations. I had about 4 people recommend these to me, but I had no idea it would take so long. Conveniently, they already charged my credit card. I guess I can always call and cancel if it gets too stupid.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered my CBST on February 24th and got a notification yesterday, May7, that it had been shipped. It did not come today, May 8th. Maybe tomorrow? :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
158 Posts
About 9 weeks for me - I ordered sometime beginning of February and got it end of April. The estimate I was given when I placed the order was "4 to 6 weeks"... At the about the 8th week I started to call for updates. At the 9th week I finally sent an email asking if my order was skipped over; they then shipped it the next day.

Just stay on them.

The reason I was given for the delay was something along the lines of, "Due to the current political climate and events in the media, we are back-logged due to excessive amount of orders...". So, you can thank the media and Obama.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ordered super tuck on Feb 25th and got an e-mail today that it has shipped, never contacted them because I knew from other postings on this site that it would be awhile.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I emailed Crossbreed last night to ask if they had an estimated delivery date for my holster, Crossbreed replied quickly stating that holsters ordered on the 25th February where just shipping, so as I placed my order 2 to 3 weeks after that date, I am assuming another 2 or 3 weeks until mine arrives..
I have always used a shoulder holster and this will be my first time carrying IWB, so no great problem if it takes a while to arrive as I still like my shoulder holsters!!
The message from Crossbreed also had the "Due to recent events in the media and politics we are experiencing a very high volume of orders......." text.

Gary

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for XD40 SC and when i bought my XD Tactical I opted for a Galco King Tuk off the shelf at Gander Mountain because of the ridiculous long wait from CB. Galco is similar in every respect and is about $10 cheaper with no wait.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh...I just went to the Galco site to check out the King Tuk and noted that both R and L hand versions are sold out/backordered. Cabela's has 'em on their site, but nothing for a Kahr.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had about 4 people recommend these to me, but I had no idea it would take so long.
This happened to me as well, bunch of people recommended their holster. I had to wait to buy my CC handgun till I got my permit, so once it arrived I was shopping around for what to carry and in the meantime decided from recommendations I'd order a Crossbreed as soon as I bought the gun I wanted. Finally buy a gun and did one last holster search only to find that Crossbreed had ridiculous wait times, so I found Theis holsters. Went ahead and ordered it and had it in about 2 weeks. I was already anxious to carry and had to wait to have the handgun, didn't want to wait forever to get my holster either.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My permit should be here inside of two weeks, and I've got other holster options thankfully so I won't be stuck waiting for that. I've got a cheap pocket holster for the CM-9 that I've been wearing around the house. It works pretty well if I have on khakis or slacks, but doesn't do so well with jeans as the end of the handle tends to poke out. My other option now that the weather is warming up is my M&P 9 with a loose shirt in an OWB.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I didn't want to deal wait times, so I did a little research and found Foxx holsters. I ordered it last Tuesday and it came in on Monday of this week. I even asked for a custom leather cut. I love it. Quality is top notch.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The one good thing about Crossbreed though during my research is I found they were one of the few that make holsters for a lot of guns with Crimson Trace lasers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Might want to also check out Old Faithful Holsters. They do have some features that Crossbreeds don't have. Whether they are of any significance to you might be a different story. You can't beat the 30 day guarantee they have. If you don't like it you get your money back AND you can keep the holster. I just ordered an iwb and owb kit you assemble for $39.99 each. Also check out their discount program. Agree to show and tell a friend, get 3% off. Agree to tell two, get 6% off. The ship date they told me was about 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts