Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post. I just wanted to say I just got my supertuck and love it. It awesome, very comfortable. One question though, I am concidering trimming it for the combat grip. I can't get my thumb around the grip when it is all the way in the holster, but can before it clears the holster. Many have said it is crucial to get full grip before drawing. Would I still be fine getting full grip before it clears, or should I trim it to get full grip before I start to draw?
Thanks for the input, and this is a awesome sight..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I carried my G30 in the regular SuperTuck and went to the range several times and did some drills in the training pits. I could get a good grip but after careful consideration, I cut mine to the Combat cut to give me a full grip.

I like it better this way and do not find it much less comfortable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have the combat cut and don't mind it. Just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I've got regular cut as well. It pulls in pretty tight into my love handles and I can't fathom how the combat cut would offer any improvement.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've got regular cut as well. It pulls in pretty tight into my love handles and I can't fathom how the combat cut would offer any improvement.
I can answer this one.

Without the combat cut, you are trying to push between the gun and the leather its securely attached to.

With the cut, since your love handles aren't rivited to the kydex like the leather, they give a lot more.

One consideration, though. With the combat cut, you'll want an undershirt between the grip and your skin, especially if you have some sort of checkering or texture on your grips or frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts