Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck for my P239... 7 day turnaround! Typical great Crossbreed service and quality.

I have also ordered a Sparks VM2 in cordovan horse / shark, but this should fit the bill nicely for the 6 month wait. One thing I am concerned about is how the kydex comes up over the wood grip panel - I am hoping not to see any wear in this spot to spoil the appearance of the gun. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The leather maxes out at 9" wide, 8" high (give or take). Draw an imaginary line from the top of one clip to the other and that will give you an idea about how much is exposed while wearing it.

There shouldn't be any wear on the wood grip; the inside texture of the kydex is very smooth. You might want to take some fine grit sandpaper (250 or better) and smooth the edges of the lip.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wore my supertuck most of the day today. Love it. I was blown away by how fast I got mine as well. Took like 3 days.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice on the wear. I will definitely smooth it out a bit. I know it does look small in the pic, but it is a Supertuck - the leather is the exact same size as the one for my G30sf, seen here:

I set mine up to ride deep, with the front clip in the top hole and the rear clip in the second from the top. If you look close you can see where I moved the T nuts. This makes for a great experieence carrying at about 4 - 4:30.

I do love the Supertuck, I can't imagine anything being more comfortable. I am just going with the Milt Sparks because I think they are BEAUTIFUL, and want something nice to wrap this particular piece in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts