Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my supertuck and belt in under 2 weeks!!! I was expecting at least 3-4 weeks. I was worried that I measured my belt wrong, since this is my first gun belt. So a very nice lady at Crossbreed called me and walked me through what I needed to do (correctly). I can't say enough how much patience she showed with me. I have been wearing it as much as I can. I have a couple of question for anyone that may have one.

1> How high or low do you wear it? It is purely personal preference? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to wear it higher or lower?
2> How tight to the waist do you keep it? If I keep it a little loose, it seems to start to rub a nice rash on my waist. Sort of like an allergic reaction, but it's probably from the rubbing. If I wear it one belt hole tighter that seems better, but kinda squeezed. How tight do you keep it? It would almost seem to be a bit better to have something soft sewn on the side that touches my skin. Or perhaps, i should lose 5 pounds in the waist.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I always wear an undershirt between holster and skin on my IWB holsters.

What a lot of people do is glue a piece of moleskin to the back of their holster for that soft chamois like feeling to prevent chaffing. Use a glue that you can remove easily so you can replace the moleskin as needed.

That's all I got.

Congrats on the new holster rig. A mighty fine rig from what others have said.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I like to wear mine on the lowest setting--just feels like it is more concealed.
+1 on the t-shirt between the holster and me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I never wear an undershirt with mine and never have a problem- maybe you are wearing it too loose???

·
Registered
203 Posts
I too purchased a Crossbreed not too long ago and customer service was as good as the OP mentioned. Great holster!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received my supertuck and belt in under 2 weeks!!! I was expecting at least 3-4 weeks. I was worried that I measured my belt wrong, since this is my first gun belt. So a very nice lady at Crossbreed called me and walked me through what I needed to do (correctly). I can't say enough how much patience she showed with me. I have been wearing it as much as I can. I have a couple of question for anyone that may have one.

1> How high or low do you wear it? It is purely personal preference? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to wear it higher or lower?
2> How tight to the waist do you keep it? If I keep it a little loose, it seems to start to rub a nice rash on my waist. Sort of like an allergic reaction, but it's probably from the rubbing. If I wear it one belt hole tighter that seems better, but kinda squeezed. How tight do you keep it? It would almost seem to be a bit better to have something soft sewn on the side that touches my skin. Or perhaps, i should lose 5 pounds in the waist.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the replies.
I raised the front clip one slot which lowered the holster slightly and gave me a better cant for draw. I try to keep the top of the Kydex even with my pants so there's no interference when holstering.

Mine's pretty tight, but I haven't noticed any rash.

Do you have a good, stiff belt? I wear a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch and that makes a big difference in comfort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a good, stiff belt?
I have a belt from Crossbreed. I tightened up my belt one notch, and so far, no rash, so it does appear to have been caused by rubbing from me having it too loose. I think I may still apply some moleskin. Love the holster so far.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine is cowhide. I'm not sure if the horsehide is rougher? I usually wear an undershirt, but I am comfortable either way.

I have my holster on the lowest setting. I do find that sometimes the top of my pants will go over the opening in a way that makes it slightly harder to reholster, but I can still reholster one handed. To me the holster stays in place pretty well without having to tighten the belt too much.

I too am very pleased with customer service.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I ordered the horsehide, I sweat a bit, and received it in 5 business days! I was very impressed. I wear mine a bit high. I carry a G19 and the grip prints a bit, but I prefer it higher and seems easier to draw. I don't wear anything behind the holster. I wore it all day a few weeks ago and only got a little red spot where it rubbed my leg when I sat down. I'm rarely in a position to wear it all day. But when I do I really like it. I tend to wear my belt pretty tight to pull the holster in close. Wear mine around 3 or 4 o'clock. It's probably the only and last IWB holster I buy. Unless I get a new gun. :image035:

I ended up adding a little felt inside the tuckable hooks. I wear my shirt untucked and they creaked against the horsehide. If yours creaks, just put a strip of felt behind the hooks so the felt contacts the leather.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the horsehide and wear it on bare skin [altho' not all the time] and have had no problems...it is REALLLLY comfortable on bare skin and you don't even know that you have it on...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Horsehide has a tighter (smoother) grain than cowhide, which also allows it to tolerate moisture better.

I have a mole in the absolute perfect wrong spot so I pretty much have to wear a T-shirt between the holster and my skin. I wear the SuperTuck between the 3:00 and 4:00 position which is perfect for me (kinda bony around the hips). The "proper" belt tightness for you will depend on your body shape and the position that seems easiest for you to get used to. Since I'm thin, the difference between a full meal and an empty stomach is more dramatic than in some of my "fluffier" colleagues so I often switch from one belt hole to the next.

Personally I don't like being cinched up tight like a saddled horse and the looser fit--though more comfortable overall--is going to create some chafing. Try using moleskin on the back or invest in some cheap, lightweight A-shirts (i.e., "wifebeaters") that will allow you to wear a loose T-shirt (or anything else) over it comfortably.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ordered mine last night for my G26. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Supertuck is by far the most comfortable IWB I own.

And that is saying something because I have hundreds of dollars worth of top shelf IWB leather. I wish I had gotten the Supertuck first. Now I have one for the 1911s, one for the G19/G32 and one (minituck) for the PM9.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts