Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posted this for those members here, that proudly vote for the Marxist Democrats, mainly because "Trump mean tweets".. Then insist that the Marxists will not take our guns away... ok..
The GOP has a ton of sell outs, and spineless wavering jellyfish, no doubt,, However, they are the party that are more prone to defend your rights,- NOT try and limit them as much as possible.. THAT is what the Marxist Democrats do. Take away or limit YOUR rights.
Any member of this particular forum that votes for the leftist gun grabbers really needs to re examine...
Not saying this will do much , but at least they are uniting for those of us that carry..

bob

Ted Cruz Takes On The Supreme Court - With 24 Senate Republicans, He Is Defending The 2nd Amendment Right To Carry

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Good for Ted. His reputation is he is the top Constitutional scholar in the Senate.

It is pretty telling though, that only half the Republican senators endorsed it. It should be all of them. My state senator, who I really respect, has said publicly that only about half of Republicans are real Republicans nowadays. The rest are just RINO politicians.

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
We have members that voted for Biden??
I think we have a few, but no one has admitted it that I have seen. There are a few who admit being liberals. There are another few who have said they did not vote for Trump. I find that sentiment understandable. I held my nose to vote for him. But not voting for him would have essentially been a vote for Biden.

·
Registered
43,531 Posts
I think we have a few, but no one has admitted it that I have seen. There are a few who admit being liberals. There are another few who have said they did not vote for Trump. I find that sentiment understandable. I held my nose to vote for him. But not voting for him would have essentially been a vote for Biden.
I intend to withhold at least three votes on the next election.

·
Premium Member
38,197 Posts
Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
We had one member who was here for a long time and left because he would not vote for Trump and planned to vote for Biden. In all other respects, I think he was actually pretty much a conservative. I suspect from the correspondence I had with him, that he was unduly influenced by his grown children. Reading between the lines, there might have even been an unspoken or implied threat of having his grandchildren withheld from him if he supported Trump.

I know other people outside this community who have been threatened similarly by their grown children. A couple who are good friends of ours have grown kids who live in Wyoming and Montana who are pretty rabid liberals.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have members who proudly vote for Marxists? Perhaps you should start a poll...
Indeed we do.. Not a majority of course, but I have had arguments with them right here on these pages, and tried to explain to them the grave consequences of their decision to vote for Marxists.
There are a LOT of people , even gun owners,that simply don't understand that to a Marxist Job 1 is getting rid of the means to oppose them... That means the 2A,,, Peope have been avidly voting against their best interests since the beginning of recorded history... bob

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
We had one member who was here for a long time and left because he would not vote for Trump and planned to vote for Biden. In all other respects, I think he was actually pretty much a conservative. I suspect from the correspondence I had with him, that he was unduly influenced by his grown children. Reading between the lines, there might have even been an unspoken or implied threat of having his grandchildren withheld from him if he supported Trump.

I know other people outside this community who have been threatened similarly by their grown children. A couple who are good friends of ours have grown kids who live in Wyoming and Montana who are pretty rabid liberals.
I can relate. If I listened to my two grown daughters, which I don't, AOC would actually be making sense to me. I will always love them and be there for them because I am their Dad and that's my job. Unfortunately, I don't like them very much and I don't much like hanging out with them. It's not just the politics either.

One thing that is ironic about them is they talk all this "woke" and "green" BS, but they are as snobby and materialistic as they can be. Both of them have advanced degrees and have married well, so they can indulge those vices pretty well.

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
I do not mind having discussions with Biden supporters.
It gets boring talking and listening to people who think exactly as I do.
The secret and the problem is not taking it personally and keeping in civil.
Just because we all share a passion for firearms, does not mean we view everything else in the world the same.
As for the OP. I think it is great that all these AG's and Senators are going on the record to support the second.
We need to keep the narrative alive in the support of our freedoms laid out by the founder's in our Bill Of Rights.
Never give up, never shut up. Keep fighting.

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
I can relate. If I listened to my two grown daughters, which I don't, AOC would actually be making sense to me. I will always love them and be there for them because I am their Dad and that's my job. Unfortunately, I don't like them very much and I don't much like hanging out with them. It's not just the politics either.

One thing that is ironic about them is they talk all this "woke" and "green" BS, but they are as snobby and materialistic as they can be. Both of them have advanced degrees and have married well, so they can indulge those vices pretty well.
Sorry y'all but I cannot relate to having children who are liberal.
My two sons are as conservative knuckle draggers as their dad.
My wife wonders how I accomplished this after meeting many of their friends and having both of them go through the University system
I never stopped talking to them. I kept teaching them about our founding. From an early age right up till the present. I would debate them on current events and showed them how conservatism is the best way to live.
It is a joy listening to them explain conservatism to their cousins of a more liberal view at family get togethers.
Makes a dad proud.

·
Premium Member
38,197 Posts
Indeed we do.. Not a majority of course, but I have had arguments with them right here on these pages, and tried to explain to them the grave consequences of their decision to vote for Marxists.
There are a LOT of people , even gun owners,that simply don't understand that to a Marxist Job 1 is getting rid of the means to oppose them... That means the 2A,,, Peope have been avidly voting against their best interests since the beginning of recorded history... bob
Links?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts