Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought myself a Christmas gift, a Smith & Wesson CS40, Chief's Special 40 caliber! It is in excellent condition. Should have in my possession in about 2 weeks, i.e. FFL - FFL transfer and pistol permit admendment process.

Once in my possession I will provide photos on the new herd addition!

I am so hooked on S&W 3rd Generation Semi-Autos!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
You're sick, man, just sick!

There is no cure.

At least I haven't found one yet.

Congrats on the little rocket! I'm sure it packs a punch.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grady, if you are in the market for one, let me know. I will keep an open eye. What is your max price? You know what my next purchase will be, right? CS9.........NO NONE CURE.

The CS40 is a nice CCW. 7+1.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on teh new pistola...:congrats: the 3rd generation smiths are amazing...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I have the CS45 - 6+1

I've been told S&W isn't making the CS line anymore - anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to S&W the other day. They discontinued the CS9, CS40, CS45.

Gunbroker has 4 CS45 NIB going for $595. Apparently a vendor is obtaining them from a wholesaler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the CS45 - 6+1

I've been told S&W isn't making the CS line anymore - anyone know if that's true?
You can't find them listed on the S&W web page anymore.

·
Registered
132 Posts
S&w cs9

I have the CS9...I bought it for my wife and she (or I) has never shot it. It was a police back-up and we really need to pay some bills. I have 25 rounds of HD rounds for it...I am willing to sell it, but right now I am in Georgia and will have to wait till I get back to Illinois. Jetpilot if your serious then we can exchange PM's...

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Grady, if you are in the market for one, let me know. I will keep an open eye. What is your max price? You know what my next purchase will be, right? CS9.........NO NONE CURE.

The CS40 is a nice CCW. 7+1.
Thanks for the offer, you fellow enabler! :biggrin: Do you know of any 12-step programs for us?

I'd better hold off on adding another caliber and another type of mags right now, at least until I double up on a few of my current guns. But I'm sure that .40 would make a great addition.

Speaking of CS-9's, I've only seen one for sale here in St. Louis in the past 3 years. I didn't get it since I had just purchased a 3913, but from all accounts I've read, the CS-9 is a winner.

Good luck, you fellow addict, and may this disease not flourish to the point where you spend your lunch hours at gun stores and pawn shops, and then stop at others on the way home from work. :smile:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just had to buy myself a Christmas present!

"My name is Jet and I am a Smith & Wesson addict!"

Grady, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I just had to buy myself a Christmas present!

"My name is Jet and I am a Smith & Wesson addict!"

Grady, Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thanks, and the same to you and your family! :santaclaus:

And a fine Christmas present it was! I love getting presents like that, even from myself. :smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
S&w cs9, cs40, cs45

For all of us who own a S&W CS series, where can we find replacement parts? These beauties are discontinued. Can't understand why. My next purchase will be a 1911. No problem getting parts for those beauties.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had the CS45 in blue (which is harder to get than the stainless). Sold it to get a G27 for the bigger mag capacity. Wish now, I would've been able to keep it. It was a great shooter and designed very well.

1st they stopped making the blued version, then they added ambidextrous safety/decocker to the stainless, just to give you an idea of the timeline.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Good find. I love my 3rd gen Smiths.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jetpilot:

I should have the pistol sometime next week. This is the hold-up. My Father in law got the gun for my wife (his daughter) and we've had it since July. It hasn't been shot since I got the gun and it was a police trade in. Anyway, my FIL and I got conflicting answers as to the legalities of having this pistol. It was for his daughter (my wife) and he was being told that he could not give his daughter a pistol when she lived in another state. Also since we live in Illinois, my wife has to have a FOID card--which she does not have but I do.

So, he transfered the gun to me and had it shipped up to me so that I can pick it up after the three day wait.

Now the reason we are selling this little beauty...my wife and I are trying to get out of our credit card debit and we are selling things off that we do not use, need or want. While I hate selling off guns, I despise having unnecessary debt hanging over our heads.

As soon as I get this weapon I'll give you a heads up and we can trade information as to the gun transfer..I'll also take pictures and email them to you with this pistol.

Here is what will come with the pistol...100 rounds of target rounds and 25 rounds of 115 grain hornady hollow points, one uncle mike's IWB holster, one clip.

You can PM me for the price of this weapon...

Take care and have a safe and happy new year.
Paul

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Thanks for the offer, you fellow enabler! :biggrin: Do you know of any 12-step programs for us?

I'd better hold off on adding another caliber and another type of mags right now, at least until I double up on a few of my current guns. But I'm sure that .40 would make a great addition.

Speaking of CS-9's, I've only seen one for sale here in St. Louis in the past 3 years. I didn't get it since I had just purchased a 3913, but from all accounts I've read, the CS-9 is a winner.

Good luck, you fellow addict, and may this disease not flourish to the point where you spend your lunch hours at gun stores and pawn shops, and then stop at others on the way home from work. :smile:

^^^^^^Funny^^^^^^^:rofl:

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts