Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been my understanding that the law in CT is not absolutely clear on CC vs OC. At least the permit wording implies this. Everyone I talk to agrees that the safe way is always CC. I would appreciate any CT folks (or others who might know) giving feedback on this.

OK, I got something that could be a big problem for CT gun owners. Actually, everyone needs to be aware of this.
CT Residents...Find out how you can help stop this.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/00.Docs/2010.Cover.for.Concealed.Legislation.pdf

http://www.ccdl.us/

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I think there is a debate going on now on changing the language, but I don't think that it's been clear either way. I can tell you for sure that there's absolutely NO way that I would ever even OC until it's been decided.

James Goldberg was arrested when an employee spotted his gun when he was picking up food at a Ruby Tuesdays. The charges were dropped, but he still did not get his permit back.
Concealment and the Second Amendment | Radio Vice Online

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the links I added to the thread. It aint good.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Unless you are prepared to fight the State's Attorney's Office on a veriety of charges (including but not limited to breach of peace, creating a public distrubance, threataning, criminal tresspass) in Superior Court, and resolve your matter in a way favorable to yourself...

Then fight the State Police Firearms Unit's Revocation Section administratively, and then before the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners...

And willing to appeal the BOFPE decission before the Superior Court in and for the Judicial District of New Britian at New Britian...

You should consider CT a state were you aught to conceal that pistol.

·
Super Moderator
19,884 Posts
The wording is unclear, for sure. The law simply states that a permit is required to carry "pistols and revolvers," but says nothing about the manner in which they are to be carried.

I carried a handgun openly while hiking in state forests in Tolland and Litchfield Counties and on more than one occasion was passed by a state trooper who would need to be blind to not see I had a holstered pistol on. But... that was also more than 6 years ago, and I was in rural areas.

As others have stated, the most conservative path is to keep it concealed, and be careful about printing.

I strongly urge you CT folk to at least sign up for legislative alerts from the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen - Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen The guy who runs it, Bob Crook, is a tireless yet very savvy lobbyist for sportsmen's causes, in particular the RKBA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts