Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its legal to store a CCW in vehicle in CT e.g. say need to go to post office, but as we all know, CCW in a post office is a big no no.

Option A leave gun in car if legal or Option B go back home to drop off gun. If yes would appreciate any reference to CT statutues!

·
Registered
414 Posts
THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM.
try reading the sub forum descriptions.
this forum is for hypothetical self defense situations.
not state laws.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Illegal to keep in your car....use Option B

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Illegal to keep in your car....use Option B
Not for CT. licensed carriers. It just has to be inaccessible to non-permit holders. If the OP has a non-resident CT permit, there's no problem. It does need to be in a locked container.

DPS will tell you you can't, along with the idea that open-carry is illegal, but neither is prohibited by statute.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guess I misread it. I know what Major said was true for transporting a firearm. I thought Jet was asking if he could leave his carry in the vehicle when he went into a restricted area. I just assumed that he meant that it was going to left loaded whether it was in a lock box or not.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Guess I misread it. I know what Major said was true for transporting a firearm. I thought Jet was asking if he could leave his carry in the vehicle when he went into a restricted area. I just assumed that he meant that it was going to left loaded whether it was in a lock box or not.
CT law IS confusing, to put it mildly.

It does not specifically address the issue of temporarily putting the gun in a locked container while one goes to the Post Office. Most people I have asked about the situation simple quote the statute and say to lock it in a separate container out of sight and not make a big deal of disarming where it can be seen.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 on the CONFUSING part :smilez:. After reading the statue again, I'm going to have to agree with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts