Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
That would depend on if you wanted to use the same holster for two or more identical firearms of differing barrel/slide lengths. If so...buy the slide holster.

If not...then buy the regular since it will probably be a bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
As High Velocity said the slide can be used with varying barrel lengths but I prefer the regular holster. Just like having the barrel covered I guess. I know it is not any safer. To each his own.

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
The Gun Muzzle area & front sight can tend to sometimes cause a little added discomfort...so that is why you should go w/ the regular unless you intend to use various barrel lengths in the same holster.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I personally got the slide because I wanted to be ablt to use my GLOCK 26 and any other 9mm/357 SIG/40 S&W/380 GLOCK I might choose to buy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
-I bought the regular as i do not have multiple guns of different lengths.
-I have heard of the muzzle burning yer hip with a "slide" style holster.
-it does seem that the muzzle would be quite uncomfortable in an IWB style against yer hip. (GUARANTEED it would be!)

-OWB the aforementioned would prolly not be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love the CTAC. I have two of them (holsters, not slides) for my Glock 30 and 21. I could have bought one slide for both, and maybe I should have. However the idea of bare gunmetal rubbing against my hip/leg just didn't do anything for me.

It was of course more expensive to go this route.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm not worried about the muzzle burning me. 1 because I currently only have the GLOCK 26 and it doesn't stick out. 2 because I'm not active in shooting competition so I don't have to reholster after a long range session. But I'll certainly be more aware after I get a 19 or 17And bare gun metal can't feel too much worse that textured kydex, can it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went with the regular, because if I ever had to fire my gun several times, sticking a very hot barrel back into a holster with an open end might cause quite a bit of discomfort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts