Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on thoughts. A group I belonged to up North; very helpful in most things, BUT, the members always seemed to post that when they saw someone's concealed gun pattern, they would mention it to them. I can understand the thought, however .... automatically thinking it's a 'good guy', who doesn't plan to shoot up the place when they get near their old boss? Do people really consider seeing a pattern an automatic safe situation? I've seen it once, and I ended up keeping them in sight, not talking to the person about it.

So it's just a curiousity thing for me as to what others believe.

·
Super Moderator
18,256 Posts
Here, open carry and concealed is legal with no permit required. I don't see the point of "alerting" anyone to the fact that someone might be able to tell if they are carrying or not. Fact is, no one around here cares.

I guess that would depend on where you are at and how the laws are though.

My Mama taught me to mind my own business.

·
Premium Member
6,387 Posts
Just curious on thoughts. A group I belonged to up North; very helpful in most things, BUT, the members always seemed to post that when they saw someone's concealed gun pattern, they would mention it to them. I can understand the thought, however .... automatically thinking it's a 'good guy', who doesn't plan to shoot up the place when they get near their old boss? Do people really consider seeing a pattern an automatic safe situation? I've seen it once, and I ended up keeping them in sight, not talking to the person about it.

Possibly elaborate on this post? Do you mean another gun forum? Social group? facepalm? Church group? More about your perception on there thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly elaborate on this post? Do you mean another gun forum? Social group? facepalm? Church group? More about your perception on there thoughts?
Sorry, Gun Forum, mostly Northeast area. Open carry was legal in a few state, permit required for concealed. My thought was always keep an eye on my surroundings as much as possible. As for speaking to someone, I wouldn't bother because it's not my business. Same as if someone say mine.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Here, open carry and concealed is legal with no permit required. I don't see the point of "alerting" anyone to the fact that someone might be able to tell if they are carrying or not. Fact is, no one around here cares.

I guess that would depend on where you are at and how the laws are though.
Exactly the same thing here in Utah. Nobody cares. Well, okay, most people around here don't care. We do have a few snowflakes.

·
Premium Member
6,387 Posts
Sorry, Gun Forum, mostly Northeast area. Open carry was legal in a few state, permit required for concealed. My thought was always keep an eye on my surroundings as much as possible. As for speaking to someone, I wouldn't bother because it's not my business. Same as if someone say mine.
Possibly, it's been subject to an influx of "new members/idea's"? (not unlike here, BUT, most of those have been introduced to "Maggie", & moved on) I will say, another forum, I was on, is downright weird*. Hard to say. I'm guessing you missed this. 👇

*seems to be a lot of "unwritten rules", most follow, which has meant, I no longer visit

·
Premium Member
39,578 Posts

There are plenty of suspicious and pre-assaultive behaviors that I'm on the lookout for when in public. A poorly-concealed gun isn't in and of itself one of them. Someone fidgeting with what might be a gun, otoh...

·
Registered
46,249 Posts
If the "suspect" is wearing a mask and hoodie pulled up in August, I'm not saying anything, but he has my attention.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Things are different in the North East for sure. What flys here in Arkansas would have folks up yonder grabbing their chests and dropping into the fetal position.
Yeah, in NH I lived about 10 miles from Mass. border. By now the entire Southern NH area is probably overrun by Mass people wanting to instill their beliefs. Northern NH is still a Free area (so to speak). Now, I live about 10 miles north of the MD border. So lots of Maryland people around, afraid anyone with one is gonna shoot up the place.

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
Yep AZ is very gun ok ..So pretty normal esp in hot times of year to see OC etc .. Or poor CCW ( ie poor cover shirt ) .. No one really cares unless you go into a bar bar (as your suppose to have a ccw to do that ) and even then frankly I dont think the non tourist one will care all that much .. Sure it is good to still keep you eyes open but here it is very normal to see people armed

·
Registered
320 Posts
I hang around a few guys who regularly conceal, and we are all aware of it - no secret. It is not uncommon to notice where someone is concealing their piece, but nobody says anything. It's just a given.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts

By pattern do they mean "printing"??

·
Registered
46,249 Posts
A perfect world.

Reactions: Rabbit212
1 - 20 of 60 Posts