Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planing to head out to Connecticut and Maine next year, and would like to know if anyone can give me some info on their currant CC status.

How hard is it now to get a permit? Anything I should watch out for in the application, law, LEOs, or sheep?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Not sure about Maine.

Call DPS in Ct. 860-685-8123 for your out of state pistol permit package.

Easy one to get, make sure you send ALL the required info. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
CT's easy to get. I have one. sorry but I don't know about Main.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CC in CT

In response to your question, CC in CT is not "hard", just v slow. Basically, you pass a course and get prints. In the class I attended,
about 85 - 90% passed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well seeing as how that's where I reside I can tell you it is quite easy I am recieving mine tomorrow. It might take quite awhile though the standard time for residents is 30 days it has taken almost 2 months to get mine.:tired: God only knows when you would recieve yours. They have been very understaffed due to budget cuts and such in the state. Here is a link to the site you just print off the application no ordering it State Police: Licenses & Permits: Weapons Permits & Professional Licensing
Good luck stay armed and safe.:comeandgetsome:
Buena Fortuna

·
Registered
752 Posts
Both are easy to get, but may take some time. CT was only 30 days, Maine was 90 days, but this was over a year ago. It may be much longer now.
I'd get your paperwork together ASAP. Handgunlaw.us has the links to the applications.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm planing to head out to Connecticut and Maine next year, and would like to know if anyone can give me some info on their currant CC status.

How hard is it now to get a permit? Anything I should watch out for in the application, law, LEOs, or sheep?
Check Handgunlaw.us for information on all states CC laws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts