Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, getting a S&W .45 Shield tomorrow. Wanting to order a new leather IWB holster for it. What maker's website do you suggest I look at? I have one of Gary Brommeland's Max Con V's for a Glock 26 that I've always really likes because it's sturdy, comfortable and thin. But I'm not sure if he's even taking new orders or what his wait time is. I was thinking of TT Gunleather and their XC Slim because it reads like it's umm, thin. Lol! I'm not worried about reholstering so it doesn't need to be reinforced. Know a lot of people will say Milt Sparks... Anyone else I should look at? Been several years since I've looked around and I'm out of the loop. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just watched the videos. That is the style I'm looking for! I'll be checking out your site tonight. Really appreciate your post!

·
Vendor
1,548 Posts
Just watched the videos. That is the style I'm looking for! I'll be checking out your site tonight. Really appreciate your post!
You are welcome my friend, I hate to just jump on a post like this but I have had such great feed back from the Stealth holster I just want to be sure you knew about it.

·
Vendor
1,548 Posts
Oh and I dont have the 45 shield listed on my website but I do have the 45 shield mold gun on its way. I have about 250 gun models I haven't had time to list on my website just yet.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Nelson makes some killer stuff. I've got one from TT Gunleather as well, but that was more about the color/skins available, not Nelson's quality. The Wrangler he did for my P227 is top notch. Plus he did a custom cross draw for a P938 that was exactly the way I wanted it.

IMG_0301.jpg

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect! How did you know my next question was going to be about the availability of that particular model? Genius I tell ya... Genius! ��

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhhhhh, that holster looks n i c e! (Insert drool here)

·
Vendor
1,548 Posts
Ohhhhhh, that holster looks n i c e! (Insert drool here)
I just noticed you have a little quote from Clint Smith, I have done several holsters for Clint and have many many customers who have attended Thunder Ranch classes, he is the reason I added the leather/metal reinforcements to my iwb holsters as he is real big on one handed reholstering.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just noticed you have a little quote from Clint Smith, I have done several holsters for Clint and have many many customers who have attended Thunder Ranch classes, he is the reason I added the leather/metal reinforcements to my iwb holsters as he is real big on one handed reholstering.
I've looked at your work. Something to be very proud of! I respect any man that takes the time and effort to do a job correctly. I work at a large gun store. I'll certainly pass on your name! But first I need to get my order together for you. Lol!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
James is an artist. His holsters also conceal very, very well.

In all truth, I actually own more of his holsters than he does.
Great to hear! I JUST placed an order for an all black Stealth. Already anxious to receive it! Lol!!

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Every pistol in the house rides in a Nelson Holster. Even my wife's gun. Even my nightstand 45 with a WML.

I currently have three on order. One shoulder rig for my VP 40, a pocket hoslter for my upcoming P238 order, and a AIWB holster for said P238 for my wife. By the way, his pocket holsters work amazingly well in jeans.

His belts are top notch as well. I have three. My wife has one.

·
Vendor
1,548 Posts
Its so funny that you have more of my holsters than I do but it is true. I have several guns that I need to make holsters for but just haven had the time.
Most of my holsters I make from the worst leather cuts I have to save the good stuff for my customers with the exception for two holsters I use to show to customers.
We counted pistols last night and me and my wife together have 18 pistols but only 8 holsters between us now lol.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Its so funny that you have more of my holsters than I do but it is true. I have several guns that I need to make holsters for but just haven had the time.
Most of my holsters I make from the worst leather cuts I have to save the good stuff for my customers with the exception for two holsters I use to show to customers.
We counted pistols last night and me and my wife together have 18 pistols but only 8 holsters between us now lol.
Now that's just sad.:frown:
Maybe we can all chip in and by James a holster from himself!:image035:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts