Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this fiasco continues, we, the end users are the only ones who suffer. The manufacturers are shipping everything as fast as they can get it loaded on the trucks. Inventory flies as soon as it hits the shelves. The gun rights groups are enjoying memberships and contributions at record highs. The elected officials keep their names in the news whichever side of the the fence they are on, all while economic and environmental woes go virtually un-addressed.

Throughout all this, many first time buyers are purchasing over-priced guns they will seldom if ever shoot, and driving up ammo prices for stockpiles they will never shoot. Enough already. Vote, and let the cards fall where they may.

·
Registered
36,926 Posts
"Put your money where your mouth is" approach? "Put up or shut up"?

I tend to agree. Let the Antis make their play and we'll see where it goes.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote
And yet, the longer they wait, the weaker their platitudes become. They simply don't have facts to back it up. And fear-mongering only lasts so long, is only so effective.

Hopefully the tidal wave of resentment and outrage at such tactics will continue to build, and hopefully everything'll get said that needs to be said. More power to Paul/Cruz et al with the filibuster fight that's coming. Hopefully, the sneaks in the congress won't pull a fast one and attempt to ram something through under everyone's noses.

In the long run, I hope we get something out of this: iron-clad rules in the Senate and House that (a) nothing related to X gets shoved onto a bill fundamentally about Y; and (b) nothing gets voted on until everyone has had all the say they want, on the issue. I highly doubt they'll ever get back to the basics, in this regard, but that's my fervent wish. IMO, it would significantly help to (at least somewhat) curb the politically-motivated stupidity and force debate and consideration of these things. (I know, I know: wishful thinking in the extreme.)

·
Super Moderator
17,056 Posts
Voting only comes around once or twice a year, keep the cards, letters, calls, faxes and emails going to your legislators both on the federal, state and local level. Leave no doubt where you stand, also print out letters for friends for them to sign and send.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Yes. Debate and vote. It's what we are. Why is this so hard?

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
I agree, and The House can go first with a 2A protection act.

Reactions: Doghandler

·
Premium Member
34,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yet, the longer they wait, the weaker their platitudes become. They simply don't have facts to back it up. And fear-mongering only lasts so long, is only so effective.

Hopefully the tidal wave of resentment and outrage at such tactics will continue to build, and hopefully everything'll get said that needs to be said. More power to Paul/Cruz et al with the filibuster fight that's coming. Hopefully, the sneaks in the congress won't pull a fast one and attempt to ram something through under everyone's noses.

In the long run, I hope we get something out of this: iron-clad rules in the Senate and House that (a) nothing related to X gets shoved onto a bill fundamentally about Y; and (b) nothing gets voted on until everyone has had all the say they want, on the issue. I highly doubt they'll ever get back to the basics, in this regard, but that's my fervent wish. IMO, it would significantly help to (at least somewhat) curb the politically-motivated stupidity and force debate and consideration of these things. (I know, I know: wishful thinking in the extreme.)
Conversely, the longer they wait, the closer the next mass shooting draws near, allowing the same roundy-round over and over again.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Yes. Debate and vote. It's what we are. Why is this so hard?
'Cause if it comes to actual debate, they'll need to actually justify what's being proposed and pushed. Can't do that and retain their honor or credibility (what little they've got left, that is).

·
Premium Member
34,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'Cause if it comes to actual debate, they'll need to actually justify what's being proposed and pushed. Can't do that and retain their honor or credibility (what little they've got left, that is).
True, but the proponents of gun control aren't the ones openly trying to keep it from a vote.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Conversely, the longer they wait, the closer the next mass shooting draws near, allowing the same roundy-round over and over again.

So, do you think that is what they are waiting for? Another massacre to boost the votes? Hate to think that this government would go to such lengths...sad days we live in.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
So, do you think that is what they are waiting for? Another massacre to boost the votes? Hate to think that this government would go to such lengths...sad days we live in.
I would hate to think that too but it would not surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if the next shooting was "manufactured" for just such a thing.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
They don't want a vote on gun control before the 2014 elections, they want to keep control of the senate and take the house. Their strategy is to keep dragging it out and blaming the Republicans as usual for not having new gun control measures. Then, after the elections are over you can look out.

Reactions: bigdog44

·
Registered
56 Posts
They don't want a vote on gun control before the 2014 elections, they want to keep control of the senate and take the house. Their strategy is to keep dragging it out and blaming the Republicans as usual for not having new gun control measures. Then, after the elections are over you can look out.
God help us if the House goes to the Dems next year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts