Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told by a guy that works for walmart that he was given a paper that listed guidelines and it states no guns in your vehicle in the parking lot while you are working. Have any of you heard anything about this?

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I would tell your friend that HE hasn't heard about that either.:rolleyes:

Stay armed...get a CoM safe:santaclaus:...stay safe!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally, I hate walmart and do not shop there. Something about terrible customer service, lack of respect to veterans and their family members, shelves full of crap made in china, and generally treating employees and customers as $hit really turns me off to any retail business. Having a "greeter" watch me push a freaking bicycle through a checkout line, with receipt in hand, and stopping me at the door just to double check my receipt was the last straw for me. Walmart will never ever get another dime from me again. PERIOD. :rant2:

On another note, I'm employed by the state of Illinois, which obviously hates guns. I cannot have ammo, guns, or alcohol in my vehicle while I'm at work. We are subject to search at any time, so it's just not worth it to risk losing a $65K/yr. job carrying any of the above items.
It sure is unhandy though. :aargh4:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If it's in your car, properly stored, there should never be a problem. I'd say don't arm and disarm while standing outside your vehicle, but I would keep the gun.

I'm with Road Warrior, with the Gov job, but mine becomes a federal offense, if I get caught with a gun in my truck. Good thing all the guards know that if my truck is parked outside the gate, keep a keen eye on it. :wink:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Screw that! two people dead in our local Wal-Mart parking lot last Friday.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Personally, I hate walmart and do not shop there. Something about terrible customer service, lack of respect to veterans and their family members, shelves full of crap made in china, and generally treating employees and customers as $hit really turns me off to any retail business. Having a "greeter" watch me push a freaking bicycle through a checkout line, with receipt in hand, and stopping me at the door just to double check my receipt was the last straw for me. Walmart will never ever get another dime from me again. PERIOD. :rant2:
+1

I'll admit I've shopped there a total of 4 times in my life, 3 times when out of town and just didn't know the area well enough to find another store that did have what I want and one other time....this I'm really embarrassed about... when I was desperate for ammo. The C-level executives and shareholders of walmart are poor citizens. They don't get my $$

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Our local Walmart recognizes TN HCP OC or CC. I think it is more the tenor of the community than a blanket Walmart policy. We have four Super Walmarts in my area and all four say nothing against carry, in store or in parking lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Walmart Employee

It looks to me that the Walmart employee was saying that HE, as an employee could not do these things.

Not the customers.

...Skye...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Some of our Walmart employees, including some managers. do carry. Again, I think it is more locale than anything else.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This employee said that it came down from corp.

And yes it is for employees not customers.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Some of our Walmart employees, including some managers. do carry. Again, I think it is more locale than anything else.
Same here at our Walmarts. Walmart has to approve the employee to carry, but it's mostly to make sure they are doing it legally and have no background issues that could lead to issues.

If this is coming down from Corp offices, it is a big change in policy. But, I'll tell ya, something is going on.... as they are pulling handgun ammo out of some of the stores where they sold a high quantity of it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I don't think they are pulling ammo, I just think they are selling it all. Their prices are around $20/box cheaper in CO for 45 ACP.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That policy wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on in Louisiana.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Kentucky as a law that prohibits employers from banning weapons in personally owned vehicles that are parked on company property.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's always Kmart...! Here, employers can't stop you from securing firearms in the parking lot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess it depends on the state your in. Here in Mn the state law for carry trumps this making it legal to keep it locked in your car on there property.merlin45kout

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Our Wal-Marts are selling handgun ammo, let's not start that again.

I don't go to Wal-Mart, my blood pressure has been good for 4 months now. If their ammo is cheaper, your darn right I'll run in their and get it, to heck with this they won't get my money crap, it's called economics, if it's cheaper their, I'm not a fool, I'll buy it cheaper where ever I can find it. I sure won't buy anything else there, but ammo I sure as heck will.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts