Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been under the assumption that after i paid XX dollars for the proper CCW class all i had to do was submit my app to the DoA extension office we have locally and pay 117 bucks and that was it.
I was told by a friend who went with their spouse to the same CCW class i am scheduled for next week that you also have to go through the local tax collectors office and pay around 124 bucks there also.
Is this redundant info or what??

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You can go to the Dept of Arg and pay 117 or go to the local tax collector, in Pinellas County only the main office (not sure about your county) and pay 124 up to you, you don't need to do both. Would probably been better to google it than listen to an uninformed friend.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can go to the Dept of Arg and pay 117 or go to the local tax collector, in Pinellas County only the main office (not sure about your county) and pay 124 up to you, you don't need to do both. Would probably been better to google it than listen to an uninformed friend.
Well that is exactly what it looked like to me (when i googled it LOL) but i had a couple that are friends of mine say you had to do both!

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The Florida page on Handgunlaw.us has a direct link the the FL page regarding the application process and fees for either method.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I live in Ohio and my Florida Permit coast me $117. I think it was the same when I renewed it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Consider this thread DONE then!! LOL

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Well that is exactly what it looked like to me (when i googled it LOL) but i had a couple that are friends of mine say you had to do both!
Forward me their contact info, so my direct marketing company can get in touch with them...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
This is what happens when you depend on the knowledge and expertise of friends; especially if you've been sitting around and drinking beer! BTW, renewal is now $50 in FL.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
This is what happens when you depend on the knowledge and expertise of friends; especially if you've been sitting around and drinking beer! BTW, renewal is now $50 in FL.
$50. renewal for Florida ?!?!. I was going to let mine drop in 2018. Ohio covers so much now. But, for $50. When the time comes I may renew.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
It use to be done through the dept of agriculture. They recently changed the process to allow you to go to the local tax collector's office.

Reactions: Pijo73

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Did you get your fingerprints? You will need those. I'm not sure about all counties but St Johns only took cash. It's been awhile so that may have changed and I don't remember how much it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts