Defensive Carry banner

cwp holder, minister, can I carry at work.

1850 11
I have a S.C. cwp and am a resident. I work at a church and i am a minister. how does the castle doctrine come into play. It, if i am rading it right, states that i can have a gun in my place of business. Or does this just mean i do not have to retreat.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
782 Posts
Do you have to have permission to carry a gun in their home, or just have permission to be in the home?
In SC:

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.
The way it was explained in my CWP class, you have to have express(written) permission of the governing body of the church.
In SC:

(9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body;

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.