Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such thing as insurance for CWP holders that are carrying? Just wondering if they had something that would help with legal bills, etc if you ever had to use the weapon and were to face civil suits or something.

Reactions: Manderinobyebye

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
I know this has been discussed,by some people.Everyone has to decide what's right for them.It may be a good thing for lawyer fees,if needed.
Personally,i'm not paying any extra money,and can't afford it.That said,in S.C.,if you are justified in shooting someone,that's it.End of story.They can't take it to civil court,as it should be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I had tried searching earlier and didn't return anything. jnust figured out I did the search wrong and I brought up quite a few. Didn't mean to beat a dead horse!!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I know this has been discussed,by some people.Everyone has to decide what's right for them.It may be a good thing for lawyer fees,if needed.
Personally,i'm not paying any extra money,and can't afford it.That said,in S.C.,if you are justified in shooting someone,that's it.End of story.They can't take it to civil court,as it should be.

And that's what I love about being in the South, "He needed kill'in" holds up in court! :image035:

·
Registered
37,210 Posts
Whether you're immune to civil suits is a matter of opinion in any state. True, the family of the BG you were forced to ventilate make have no recourse, but any other victims you may or may not have hit with missed rounds, etc., would most likely still have legal options. A SD shooting often reaches beyond the person you intended to stop. Something to contemplate...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Check with the NRA, I think they offer something.

·
Registered
37,210 Posts
Funny you should bring this up, OP, but on the local WPB news that just ran a story about a "service" for those who have to shoot someone during a "home invasion," and they stressed "home invasion" several times. I think it was called "Defensive Service Alliance" or something like that. It said it was not insurance but a "service" that provided blood clean-up, advice following a "home invasion" etc. It definitely was not a legal insurance service and smacked of fear marketing to me--the inevitable lawsuits, etc. to follow, which isn't true, at least not in FL. Prosecuting someone for shooting the BG conducting a home invasion isn't that much of a priority for DAs here.

Trying to find a link but nothing posted by wptv.com yet.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
There are several companies as I was looking for a new firearms insurance as I had dropped the NRA back company as there customer service smelled of sardines. might check under that heading as I said ran across several

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
There is also one called ccwsafe that at least appears to be a bit better than the armed citizens legal defense network and may be worth a look.
Just spent two days in court defending against a totally bogus law suite (not firearms related) so I looking at this kind of coverage just to be on the safe side. I came out of this OK, but this kind of crap does happen.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it's a good shoot, you have nothing to worry about! If it's a bad shoot no amount of INS will help! That's why we pay LAWYERS!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sorry, I have to disagree. Just because it my be a good shoot does not mean that it won't wind up in court. If it is truly a good shoot I would hoe you would get off when all is said and done. There is however absolutely no guarantee that you won't have to go to court to prove it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I personally like the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc. .
I believe they have the best legal protection system you can have for a self-defense situation.
I have been a member for over two years. Fortunately I have never needed their services and hope I never do!

Bobo

Reactions: boomer77

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I carry a very large umbrella policy on top of my home owners insurance and feel very well with that. I have the phone numbers of the Criminal Defense lawyers that defend the Police in my county.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I personally like the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc. .
I believe they have the best legal protection system you can have for a self-defense situation.
I have been a member for over two years. Fortunately I have never needed their services and hope I never do!

Bobo
What he said. I am not sure there is any 'perfect" insurance policy for a street shooting involving SD. However, this group seems to come pretty close.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What he said. I am not sure there is any 'perfect" insurance policy for a street shooting involving SD. However, this group seems to come pretty close.
The one down side with ACLDN is that they provide 10K up front, any they above that and you have to apply for a grant and the additional grant money is not guaranteed. With CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions. - Part 1 there is no limit and they cover administrative as well as trial, both criminal and civil. I do want to state that while I am a member of both, I have not had to use either so have no first hand experience, I'm glad to say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts