Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have not seen anyone post this gun in any post (if you have, I apologize), and I have found good and bad. Can anyone who owns, has shot, or is thinking about getting one shed some light on it?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The CZ line is very heavily underrated, and a lot of gun for the money. The secret is getting out though, and prices are sure to go up. SHHH

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The CZ line is very heavily underrated, and a lot of gun for the money. The secret is getting out though, and prices are sure to go up. SHHH
I agree they are underrated. But the secrets been out for 30 years for those who know handguns. I own 7 CZ's. The 75 is one of the true semi-auto handgun classics. The CZ75 came out in 1975 and was one of the first "wonder nines". Of course Česká Zbrojovka (CZ or Czech Armory) has been manufacturing handguns for close to 75 years.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have the CZ Rami in 9mm.

I liked my CZ 75 SP-01 so much I thought the Rami would be the perfect carry gun. (Mine is the BD or de-cocker version).
It has never failed to fire. It has never jammed. It is a fine machine.

My complaint is that it is so wide. It uses the double stack magazines just like the other CZ's. As a matter of fact, my 20 round mags from the CZ-75 fit and work at the range while sticking out of the grip a bunch.

For whatever reason the de-cocker came with 10 round mags while the safety version came with 13 rounders.

I added some grips in "Bakote" wood from Hakken Peck in Norway. Beauties.

So, reliable? Can't beat it. Concealed carry? Kinda big.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have the CZ Rami in 9mm.

I liked my CZ 75 SP-01 so much I thought the Rami would be the perfect carry gun. (Mine is the BD or de-cocker version).
It has never failed to fire. It has never jammed. It is a fine machine.

My complaint is that it is so wide. It uses the double stack magazines just like the other CZ's. As a matter of fact, my 20 round mags from the CZ-75 fit and work at the range while sticking out of the grip a bunch.

For whatever reason the de-cocker came with 10 round mags while the safety version came with 13 rounders.

I added some grips in "Bakote" wood from Hakken Peck in Norway. Beauties.

So, reliable? Can't beat it. Concealed carry? Kinda big.
Kinda big? :blink:
To each his own, I guess. :yup: Yeah, it's a double stack, but it's capacity is part of it's appeal. The grip and slide length are what make a compact for me.

I miss my CZ's, and will replace them as soon as I can afford to.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
The older model .40s had some FTF issues that CZ has since corrected. I had the isue W/mine and they told me to send it in and they polished the feed ramp and replaced the magazines for me and it's run like a top since. I carry it when I can't conceal my 75B

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Kinda big? :blink:
To each his own, I guess. :yup: Yeah, it's a double stack, but it's capacity is part of it's appeal. The grip and slide length are what make a compact for me.
My idea of a carry gun is a Kahr PM-9 or a Sig P-238.
It's nothing more than my opinion, and didn't the poster ask for opinions?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I have a RAMI .40 and wife has the RAMI 9mm. Both are reliable and accurate. Ideal companions to go along with my CZ75 P-01, P-06 and wifes CZ75 Compact.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Who would have thought we would benift so much from "tear down that wall"?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, good stuff to think about. Im leaning towards the .40. I really, really thought I wanted the XD, but this RAMI is growing on me. I need to find somewhere in Houston that I can shoot one.

Thanks for all the imput. I love this forum.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I own two CZ's. The RAMI 9mm and it's bigger brother the 75D 9mm. I love them both. They are very well balanced, extremely reliable, and have never given me any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts