Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a CZ 75 Compact a couple of months ago and instantly regretted it. I felt even worse after I got it home and realized how heavy and just outright bad the trigger was. The whites of the 3 dot sights where also too small for my aging eyes to pick up. Then to top it all off, the mag and barrel rusted up pretty good after I started carrying it. It just wasn't for me, so I sold it on ArmsList for $600 which is just around what I paid at my LGS.

WP_20160610_001.jpg

Then I immediate purchased CZ 75 P01 Omega in Urban Grey. It ships with 2 16 round extended mags (compared to the standard 14 rounders), a extended threaded barrel, and high tritium night sights. I puchased the last one GrabAGun had in stock for $600 which was a nice updrade! The sales clerk told me that I was luckly being that they haven't gotten in stock and weren't planning on getting anymore. The gun was returned from a FFL because the buyer failed the background check. I put 400 rounds through her so far, and I must say this is the most accurate pistol I've shot thus far.

DSCN0428.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Nice looking gun.

As you stated about your first one...they are not for me.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Big difference in triggers between the 2 I gather?

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don, that Omega is beautiful.

Stock CZ triggers suck. The DA is awful. I personally don't mind the SA. Throw in $50 of Cajun Gun Works parts and the DA is great. First thing I do with my CZ's in throw in the 13# hammer spring kit which cuts the DA in half. I just picked up a PCR last week and the DA was so heavy it was absurd. It had to be 15lbs and the transition was so significant that I was barely putting shots on target.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been eyeing full size .40's for carry lately. There's just too many to choose from. As of lately, I mostly pocket carry now. Just being lazy I guess but Texas summer is here and not too many pants/shorts I wear in summer have belt loops.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Its not as heavy and its a little smoother as the one without the Omega trigger. Are both of yours decockers?
No, both of mine are the safety versions. I have read they have about a lb less trigger pull than the De-cocker versions but I can't confirm that.

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My PCR also had a trigger that was a bit on the heavy side and as posted a spring kit from Cajun Gun Works completely changed that. Kit was super easy to install and well worth the money. As for the rusting all i can say is that I live in deep south Texas by the gulf and humidity here is crazy high and never had rust form on my CZ.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My PCR also had a trigger that was a bit on the heavy side and as posted a spring kit from Cajun Gun Works completely changed that. Kit was super easy to install and well worth the money. As for the rusting all i can say is that I live in deep south Texas by the gulf and humidity here is crazy high and never had rust form on my CZ.
Yea, the rusting of the barrel and on the mag really surprised me. Figured it wasn't normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts