Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks the CZ 75 D trigger isn't that great? Don't get me wrong, I love the gun and the ergos, but the D/A trigger is overly heavy IMHO, and there's a lot of take up and stacking on both the D/A and S/A pull. I'm not seeing many aftermarket options other than an expensive trigger job. What other options if any do I have to get a better trigger?

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
The CZ trigger, out of the box, is bad. There isn't really any good options other than a trigger job. You can buy some replacement parts from Cajun Gun Works but it'll only offer a modest improvement. Because of the construction of the fcg, it's not like a Glock where you can simply drop in a new trigger. Most of the CZ shooters that I know have the whole thing redone to the tune of $300+.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CZ trigger, out of the box, is bad. There isn't really any good options other than a trigger job. You can buy some replacement parts from Cajun Gun Works but it'll only offer a modest improvement. Because of the construction of the fcg, it's not like a Glock where you can simply drop in a new trigger. Most of the CZ shooters that I know have the whole thing redone to the tune of $300+.
It is bad, but I was trying to be tactful about it. With all the raving about CZs, I never heard anyone mention how bad the stock trigger was and that it would cost almost as much as the gun to fix it.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
CZ, like most top-flight, competitive gun manufacturers, have a factory-authorized "CZ Custom Shop" (in Phoenix). They'll do most anything you want, as well as ANYone can do it. IMHO, it makes more sense than the sometimes exaggerative aftermarket. I'm a serious SAO fan and have always thought a CZ 75 alloy-framed compact SAO would be a hell-of-a EDC. Spend the necessary coin TD, you'll thank me later. :yup:

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
548 Posts
CZ, like most top-flight, competitive gun manufacturers, have a factory-authorized "CZ Custom Shop" (in Phoenix). They'll do most anything you want, as well as ANYone can do it. IMHO, it makes more sense than the sometimes exaggerative aftermarket. I'm a serious SAO fan and have always thought a CZ 75 alloy-framed compact SAO would be a hell-of-a EDC. Spend the necessary coin TD, you'll thank me later. :yup:
Lucky for you, the P01 Omega is coming out... you can swap from Decocker to SA only.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
It is bad, but I was trying to be tactful about it. With all the raving about CZs, I never heard anyone mention how bad the stock trigger was and that it would cost almost as much as the gun to fix it.
I've said it many times on here. I love everything about my CZ except for the trigger and I don't consider myself very trigger sensitive. If it was just heavy I'd be OK with it. If it just had that mush I'd be OK with it but it's heavy and mushy. I probably spent close to $100 replacing parts myself and it's better but it's not where I'd like it to be. It's just a range toy really so I don't much interest in sending it off but if I were every going to carry one, I'd have the Custom Shop work it up before I ever even took delivery of it. It's an otherwise great feeling/great shooting gun so I don't think I'd have much of an issue having the work done if it were going to see serious use but I can't really justify it for a gun I have no plans to carry.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had a CZ 75B for a while. Loved everything about it, except for the trigger and the small sights that were hard to see. Both of those were no-go's for me.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
CZ-USA does a great job on triggers.

[email protected]

I should have kept my wife's PCR and my P-01

and P-06.

However, the P-06 in .40 had some stout recoil for me with most
any load I could stuff into it.

Those guns were worked over by Matt.

My RAMI P had a trigger job from some other place and was actually too
light in SA mode.

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
279 Posts
My PCR didn't have a very good trigger either. After a thousand rounds down range and a lot of dry fire it smoothed out considerably. Normally, the decocker CZ's are not known to have great triggers out of the box, but even the safety equipped models are nothing that great when new.

With CZ's, it can differ from gun to gun though. I bought a decocker equipped SP-01 Tactical that had a great triggers out of the box, which I confirmed before I bought it. Later, when I bought a standard SP-01, it didn't have quite as smooth a trigger for whatever reason. After lots of dry fire, and changing out the mainspring, it has also lightened and smoothed out very nicely.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First I heard about it how bad the triggers were. It's my fault for not paying much attention before I purchased it. Seems like for the price of the gun, shipping to and from, and the cost of the trigger job (around $900), one could get a nice 1911 or Sig with night sights and a good trigger out the box

·
Registered
279 Posts
First I heard about it how bad the triggers were.
If you mean that these are the first bad things you've heard about CZ triggers, you should have researched more! :)

The words "cammy", "stagy", "gritty", "stacking", etc, appear regularly in reviews for 'out of the box' new CZ's, unless your buying a Shadow, or semi-custom. Their triggers, much like their internal machine marks, are an excepted flaw/quirk of the product. It's not inherent to the design of course, since they can be tuned to be VERY NICE. It is just how they often come from the factory. The whole 75 series really are a tinkerer's handgun platform, but not in the easy LEGO-like drop n' go way of Glocks.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I loved my P-01, but you're right, the DA trigger pull sucked and in SA mode it had a TON of uptake before it got to the break. One of the reasons I sold it was because the first shot with it was always a "warning shot", I couldn't make great shots till I got to SA mode.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Have had a trigger job done on a couple of CZ P-01 9mm pistols. Noticeable improvement. Neither was bad to begin with, and neither was off-the-charges exceptional afterwards. But I'm glad I did it, both times. If I were to acquire another CZ in future, I'll seriously consider the Omega trigger system.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
See I think the DA is good and the SA has a lot of creep on both my P-06 and 75 compact. The DA on my 229 is much heavier, but the SA is crisp.

I really don't notice during live fire, it doesn't make me shoot bad, it's just a little creep.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got my 75B in the late 90s and never found the trigger particularly objectionable. I wonder if I am just oblivious or if the newer guns have worse triggers?

sent from my commodore 64

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is what you are looking for:
https://cajungunworks.com/product/54420-ultra-lite/

I put it in my SP-01 tactical last week and it is SWEET. The DA is still heavy but so much smoother. I'd estimate it's 40% lighter than stock. Probably like 8-9lbs now? This kit has 100% reliability with the blue 13# hammer spring.

Call David at Cajun Gun Works and ask him any questions you have. He will help you out. Great guy and great products.

If you are looking to change the SA then this kit won't do it. You'll need more. I'd suggest the Defensive Carry Package if you want the whole works. If you just want to improve the DA a lot then for $44 you can't beat the Ultra-Lite SD kit.

If you are a novice with CZ's and aren't comfortable, you can do this kit no problem. The rest of the upgrades involving the decocker model will be difficult. I did the kit myself with zero prior experience with firearms. It took me about 10x as long as it should have but I got it done.

You will not be disappointed. Great $50 investment for a much, much better trigger. The only tool you need is a 3mm roll pin punch.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Strange, I have several CZ's all with decockers and while the DA pull from the decocked position isn't good, I have no issue with the SA pull at all. There is a lot of take up, yes, but that doesn't bother me. None of my CZ's both metal and polymer have any noticeable creep in SA at all. I just consider the long hard DA pull a safety feature and if needed I can always cock the hammer.

Edit: I will add that I don't like the factory trigger on the metal guns, that is the physical trigger itself and I swap out the trigger with the CZ 85 original combat trigger on all of the metal guns, I have no issue with the trigger on the polymer guns.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Install a 13-pound hammer spring in your gun and watch that trigger take a major move to better.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The D models have some crappy triggers out of the box, but they do get better with use. The way they feel out of the box is the reason why I will only by CZs with safeties. Theit triggers are smoother and about a half pound lighter out of the box. As for the clones, the Sphinx has, by far, the BEST DA/SA trigger out of the box. I have owned Sigs with the SRTs , HKs with the match triggers, and I have shot the new Legion P229, and they do not compare to the Sphinx. As nice as the Sphinx was, I had to sell it. There are no night sight options for it, and to get work done on it, should something break, would require a trip back to KRISS, since they are so tightly built. They are so tight that CGW stopped offering trigger work on them back in December. According to Dave, you either need a hydraulic press to completely disassemble them, or you need to drill out the pins.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts