Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for, so here it goes... Ive only owned revolvers and striker fired pistols thus far so DA/SA is new to me. CZ's website shows the P09 with

Safety: Interchangeable Ambidextrous, Decocker/Manual Safety, Safety Stop on Hammer, Firing Pin Block Safety

And the P07 with
Safety: Interchangeable Ambidextrous, Decocker/Manual Safety

My question is what is this safety stop on Hammer and firing pin block safety that comes on the P09, and is it also on the P07 or is this a difference between the two?

Anyone have experience with both of these?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I had a cz p-07... great gun but he safety was too flat for my short thumbs. I am under the imnpression the the guns are the same internally speaking.

Reactions: Black Arch Holsters

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have mentioned that I am most interesting in carrying with the decock installed. My understanding is the decock takes the hammer to half cooked position. Is there any kind of internal safety in the case the gun is dropped on the hammer for instance?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! i emailed CZ about this and within 2 hours I had a reply stating they are the same and the website will be updated...just checked the site and it's already been updated. pretty impressive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts