Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just ordered my CZ PCR. I don't plan on carrying yet but I do want to take some classes on concealed carry so I will need an IWB holster, a belt, and appropriate attire.

I have no problem spending money for quality gear. I know a decent amount about guns but virtually nothing about belts/holsters, so I am a total noob here.

Any suggestions on a gun belt for carry and a holster for my PCR would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Don't know what a PCR is , but I do like my Bigfoot Gun Belt
http://gunbelts.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Can't go wrong with the products from Simply Rugged. Rob Leahy makes an awesome 1.5" "real mans gun belt" along with all different types of holsters that are most excellent.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just ordered my CZ PCR. I don't plan on carrying yet but I do want to take some classes on concealed carry so I will need an IWB holster, a belt, and appropriate attire.

I have no problem spending money for quality gear. I know a decent amount about guns but virtually nothing about belts/holsters, so I am a total noob here.

Any suggestions on a gun belt for carry and a holster for my PCR would be great. Thanks.
Kydex, Leather, Hybrid? Which do you prefer? Where do yo want to carry? Small of Back, Appendix, or on your side (6-o-clock)?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kydex, Leather, Hybrid? Which do you prefer? Where do yo want to carry? Small of Back, Appendix, or on your side (6-o-clock)?
I was thinking 5 o-clock. But I am new to this so feel free to tell me what you think is best. I know nothing about holster materials. Unfortunately nobody I know in real life carries so I don't know much about holsters or belts.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
This is my holster for my 75 compact. It will comfortably support your PCR on a quality belt.
Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holster - Double Clip

You may find 5:00 is too far back. Sure, it looks good in the mirror, but you can't see how badly the grip prints when you move. As long as you walk like Frankenstein's monster, you should be ok. :smile:

Try getting as close to 3:00 as you can before the grip starts to print, or the gun becomes uncomfortable. This allows the most movement and stays concealed. Smaller waist lines tend to be able to carry closer to 3:00.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my holster for my 75 compact. It will comfortably support your PCR on a quality belt.
Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holster - Double Clip

You may find 5:00 is too far back. Sure, it looks good in the mirror, but you can't see how badly the grip prints when you move. As long as you walk like Frankenstein's monster, you should be ok. :smile:

Try getting as close to 3:00 as you can before the grip starts to print, or the gun becomes uncomfortable. This allows the most movement and stays concealed. Smaller waist lines tend to be able to carry closer to 3:00.
Thanks! I have a very small waist. I just ordered my belt from TheBeltMan in 35". That might even be an inch too big.

I am very skinny. 5'11" and 140lbs. I just assumed that at 3:00 the but of the gun would print more than at 5:00.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
You won't go wrong with Hanks or Bigfoot. Just measure correctly, each site usually tells you how to measure for their belts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am leaning toward the Black Arch Ace 1 Gen 2 holster. My question is this.. should I pay extra for the suede backing?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up with a Beltman bull hide black gun belt and a Black Arch Ace 1 Gen 2 suede backed PCR holster. I'll give you all my opinion on both in a few weeks when I have carried a few times. I do need to go buy some good shorts for carry. I'm thinking about checking out Target with my holster on and seeing what works for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts