Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if any of you folks carry a CZ pistol on a daily basis. If you do, what model is it, and is it stock (or smithed)? I keep hearing great things about CZ pistols, but I have to admit to being totally ignorant about them.
Gonzo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gonzo, I had/have the same curiosity and here's Clipse's collection and insight. And like Clipse mentioned... check out www.czforum.com ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My main carry pistol is a stock CZ85 Compact in .40s&w. Its a a great shooting, rugged little gun. So far I\'ve put about 1000 rounds thru it without a hiccup.

I also own a CZ75B in .9mm.

Definately check out: www.czforum.com for far more CZ info than you\'ll have time to read!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I daily carry a stock CZ75 (old style). I've had it since the mid-eighties and have yet to find a more out-of-the-box reliable, ergonomically ideal, down-right European-sexy (if that's not a bad thing these days) pistol. The only change I've made to the gun is to dab some orange paint on the front sight and soon I'll be adding a pair of Hakan Pek's grips. The DA pull is the smoothest, most revolver-like I've ever experienced on a stock pistol. It carries like a Hi-Power and shoots like a dream.

I recently acquired a CZ40-P and will be doing some minor (non-essential) upgrades. As soon as I fully recover from my dislocated shoulder I'll wring it out for possible CCW. It's lighter than the 75 and the balance is second-to-none.

My CZ100 .40 S&W sometimes also does (summer) CCW duty.

In case you can't tell - I'm sold on Czechnology. And yeah - czech out the forum. :kay:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by revlar
I daily carry a stock CZ75 (old style). I've had it since the mid-eighties
How did you get one before the fall of the iron curtain? I thought they were virtually impossible to get back then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was one of a lot imported by an outfit called Bauska out of Kalispell, MT.

Amazingly, the cost was roughly what a 75B goes for today. I like the new ones too - but I think the trigger was slightly better on the "A" model. I wish I'd bought two of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I carry a CZ52 most commonly. Like the firepower and in the winter is easliy concealable. Same size as a 1911 approximately. Am looking at picking up a CZ50 (.32 cal) also for carry in summer months. These are reliable pistols, accurate too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by DNM
Gonzo, I had/have the same curiosity and here's Clipse's collection and insight. And like Clipse mentioned... check out www.czforum.com ;)
Yup. I like CZ's alot. I had both a P-01 and a 75B. I carried the P-01 untill I sold. Now I carry the 75B. They are utterly reliable and very easy to carry.

clipse

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ive seen a lot of CZ's They look like a good gun But there sure isnt a deal on them i have ready gus getting them 350-400 but round here i can get Glocks for cheeper only CZ's ive seen lately are going 550 and up

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
For what it's worth, COL Jeff Cooper, the father of American pistolcraft (who is NO fan of any 9mm) said that of all the crunchentickers (his nickname for the 9mm family) the CZ is the most efficient and has the best ergonomics. Can't get a better endorsement.

·
Registered
51 Posts
European elegance

Here's my Czech queen in her new Norwegian wood (a la Hakan Pek).

A match made in heaven!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts