Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, found a Rami 2075 in a LGS and scooped it up last night. I took it apart for its initial cleaning and noticed what looked like a reddish brown color through the inside of the slide

I figured may be some sort of coating as God knows what CZ puts in there for shipping however I never noticed in any of my other CZs

In any event after cleaning and oiling it really made that color pop

I wiped all the oils of and cleaned again this time with Hoppes 9

Looks like crap right?

These are from this morning

Rust or did I wipe out the protective covering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't remember mine looking like that when I first cleaned it. I'm carrying it today so I pulled it apart to check and I'm not seeing what your photos are showing.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Probably some dried grease-like coating you wiped off. Rust would not simply wipe off. I don't recall that on my CZ, but then I wasn't looking for it.

Looks good now. Shoot the crap out of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some of your pictures show a color that looks a lot like the results of hardening of stainless parts in my limited edition CZ-75B made in 2010. Hard for me to tell if it's just your picture, but if that color came off with cleaning I don't know what it is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I might be feeling a little bit idiotic here......just might be

I have 2 other CZ compact type pistols so I decided to take a look at them

Here is the Rami and my SP-01 Compact side by side. Compact on left, Rami on right

More pronounced in the Rami but you can see hints of that color in the Compact

Now check out the cutout above rails

SP-01 Compact

P-01 OD

Rami

I think I worked my ass off to scrub out something that should be?

A real close look at each reveals hints of that color, it's just much more pronounced in the Rami

As Carlos Mencia would say, don't be a "D"

Son of a......

The 3 Amigos

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
If the inside isn't pitted.. then probaly not rust.

You have a trio of nice looking See-Zeds, there!

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
How long was that unit at the LGS?

When was the gun manufactured?

It looks to me like it may have been new old stock.

How does the surface feel? Is it rough? CZ may be known for having some machining marks on the internals, but that doesn't look like machining marks to me.

I could well be mistaken, but it looks like someone may have cleaned off the packing grease/oil, and never lubricated the pistol.

You could try contacting CZ in Fort Smith, AR, send them the photos and tell them that was the way a "new" pistol arrived. They may do nothing, or they may help you out.

Another option would be to contact Stewart at Cajun Gun Works, and get his opinion. Stewart is quite the CZ expert.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a 2016. I think the LGS had it for a few months. Not sure if it was a special order for someone who never picked it up or what but apparently it was sitting in the owner's office

In any event I was glad to get it and now that I've taking a lot closer look at my other CZ's I really think this different color is intentional in the inside of the slide. It could be someone just went overboard with the application but who knows.

I plan on sending an email to CZ just for peace of mind

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one from 2016 and yours looks good to me. I've put over 2000 rounds though mine. I was easily hitting torso sized steel at 100 yards today. It is harder to shoot than a full size gun but with practice and good concentration it is a good shooter. When the mind wanders...flyers are easy.
Overall, I think it's a great subcompact. I highly recommend the Pierce grip extension for the 10 round mag. 124/125 grain pills are the most accurate in mine. Best I can get is 1.5" at 25 yards from a rest. 147 grain was second best. Match grade factory (Atlanta Arms) 115 didn't do well. Grip pressure will vary the POI by several inches so I think it would be more accurate from a ransom rest. The target load I settled on is 3.6 Titegroup, Zero 125 (.356), 1.090 OAL and I spent way too long testing. As mentioned, accurate out to 100 yards offhand.
Enjoy it. Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dave. Did you make your own grip extension or order it off EBay?

150 trouble free rounds at the range today. Fairly accurate even with the 10 rounder curling my pinky under. If I did my part the Rami did its part. And yes......flyers are magnified 10 fold in these little pistols.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sweet, glad you are shooting it.

I got the Pierce extension from a guy that sells them on the CZ forum and I think he also sells them on Ebay. He does the work so they fit properly on the CZ mag. Some grinding needs to take place. I would get them from him to save yourself the trouble or possible mistake of buying the wrong extension. His price is very reasonable and they work great. I think you will like the feel even more with a place to wrap your pinky finger.

I shot mine today also but I wasn't doing as well as yesterday... I'm really enjoying the little gun.

I had my Rami tricked out with a fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sight from Cajun Gun Works.

Later,
Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, glad you are shooting it.

I got the Pierce extension from a guy that sells them on the CZ forum and I think he also sells them on Ebay. He does the work so they fit properly on the CZ mag. Some grinding needs to take place. I would get them from him to save yourself the trouble or possible mistake of buying the wrong extension. His price is very reasonable and they work great. I think you will like the feel even more with a place to wrap your pinky finger.

I shot mine today also but I wasn't doing as well as yesterday... I'm really enjoying the little gun.

I had my Rami tricked out with a fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear sight from Cajun Gun Works.

Later,
Dave
Ok thanks for the info. Nice looking BD!

What slide stop is that? The one on my Rami is a bear sometimes. Very little to get your thumb on

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought one of the Pinky extensions as well. Feels great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts