Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here carry one of these. A buddy has found a good deal on one. If you have one how do you carry (Cond 1,2, or3) how does it shoot? What are you likes and dislikes? Thanks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have the RAMI .40 cal and it is great. Carry it with one in the chamber and the hammer lowered. The RAMI is a fantastic carry gun, very accurate and, to me, has a good feel in the hand. I like the weight and it really helps absorb the felt recoil. If your buddy gets one, he won't regret it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you drop the hammer? Is there a decocker or do you have to do it per hte NRA Basic Pistol Safety hadnbook?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a RAMI in 9mm that I am using as a summer carry. You have to use the trigger with your thumb on the hammer to drop it. There is a half cocked position in case you slip. I carry it cocked and locked. THe safety is really easy to turn off with your thumb (if you're right handed). It comes with a 10rd and a 14rd mag. The 14rd mag sucks. It doesnt like to feed and the bullets will get stuck on the feed ramp or a couple of times I have had them turn inside the mag and face upwards :blink: . The 10rd mag has been just fine. That is what I use for the carry mag anyways because it doesnt stick out of the gun. I am currently trying to find a new spring to put in the 14rd mag to fix the feeding problem. Wolff doesnt make them but I ordered a 75 compact and full size spring. I got the compact one and that is smaller than the original so now I am waiting for the full size. I might put the compact into the 10 rd mag.
Anyways, I like the gun. Fits my hands pretty well even though my pinky quite fit onto the handle. Shooting it isnt bad at all.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Nice Article, Duane. Thanks, for the mention of CZF!

KEV

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Duane, thnks for the link....
Lots of good reading there....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Duane,

That is a great review on the CZ RAMI:image035: . Thank You. I have to say, I really hate my CZ P-01. Damn thing eats everything I feed it and then spits out the empties like watermelon seeds. Makes me keep feeding it till my wallet goes on strike. Just as obnoxious as my Sig P239.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts