1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may break my own rule and get a CZ712 utility shotgun

Anyone have one?

Thoughts?

The Mossberg SPX is over $150 bucks more......

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Your own rule?

I don't have a 712, but I have owned enough CZ handguns and long guns to know that they are worth every penny (probably more). The fit, finish, and wood on my CZ 527 looks like it belongs on a much more expensive gun, the trigger is great, and I know the customer service is awesome (had an issue with a pistol and the CS far exceeded my expectations).

In short, I'm not sure you can go wrong with a CZ.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Ah, just noticed your signature block...:doh:

Buy American made shells, and shoot lots. It won't take long before you've spent far more than the purchase price of the CZ.

·
8,501 Posts
CZ is one of the best companies in the world. They make TOP NOTCH products.

I don't know what a model 712 is but if it's from CZ it's very good.

CZ has been making top notch products for a long time too. Many of the famous African big games hunters used CZ Mausers.

Reactions: OldVet and 357and40

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I'd be fine with it, but then I don't believe in "buy American." Either way, CZ is a world-class gunmaker.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your own rule?

I don't have a 712, but I have owned enough CZ handguns and long guns to know that they are worth every penny (probably more). The fit, finish, and wood on my CZ 527 looks like it belongs on a much more expensive gun, the trigger is great, and I know the customer service is awesome (had an issue with a pistol and the CS far exceeded my expectations).

In short, I'm not sure you can go wrong with a CZ.
I try to buy american made...... Its in my sig line

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had a CZ75 that was flawless, but was too big for CCW.

The CZ712 isnt built by CZ, it built in Turkey for CZ

The limited feedback is almost all positive.

At $436 shipped its an incredible deal

The BEST deal I can find on a Mossberg SPX is just under $600

I also like the 20 inch barrel vs the 18.5 on the SPX.

It also has multiple chokes

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
The 712 has had a few issues, but I think they have been worked out. I am a CZ fan, but I have to be honest and say that the 712 isn't their best product. It is made by Huglo, who makes several lower end shotguns for a variety of companies. If your intention is to shoot little, then it might be a solid purchase. If you intend on high volume shooting, I'd look elsewhere.

·
Registered
42,130 Posts
Sixto doesn't often speak, but when he does, people listen (or else!).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 712 has had a few issues, but I think they have been worked out. I am a CZ fan, but I have to be honest and say that the 712 isn't their best product. It is made by Huglo, who makes several lower end shotguns for a variety of companies. If your intention is to shoot little, then it might be a solid purchase. If you intend on high volume shooting, I'd look elsewhere.
Hey thanks for the reply.....I am a fellow buckeye, transplanted to Texas.

Did you have the 712 utility?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Did you have the 712 utility?
No, I don't. I had the field version for a short time. I still have and really like the 20ga version the 720, as a inexpensive knock around field gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts