Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal on this gun? It seems to have a descent following, but I know nothing about it. I'm a fan of the Hi-Power, and I've heard Mas & Co on ProArms call the CZ a refined Hi-Power. It was the only 9mm that Col Cooper would give the time of day to.

I've never even picked one up. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

Combat proved (military forces and police ) reliability in a sweet feeling/pointing
package that usually carries 15-16 rounds on board -and is more accurate than
you can shoot it.

Let me go on a little..

As well built as a H&K.

Reliable as a Glock

Accurate as a SIG

In most cases, fits most anyone and cost less than most comparable guns.

And that's just the 75B. The older Pre-B 75 guns are even sweeter!

Then you have the P-01, or P-06 police service pistols.

and PCR

The CZ Compacts and the RAMI.

They are all of the 75 family.

The new P-07 Duty takes it a bit farther.

Use my LINKS for more CZ info.

Let us know if you get to handle or shoot a CZ for the first time!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
It's basic, reliable, durable, easy to work on. It fits well in the hand due to great grip angle and decent ergonomics. In a mid-sized package, it supports 15rds and more. It's well-supported by holster makers and the after-market. It's well-known in IPSC/IDPA circles. Gunsmiths seem to like them. It has big, fat controls that are suitable for a lefty, instead of the teeny weenie little controls that many other mfrs seem to love. It's relatively light on the hip (at least, the P-01 variant is), even after months of daily carry.

I've had two. Some have several and I don't blame them.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The CZ75 is one of the finest, best designed 9mm ever made. Highly respected around the world. Its not based on the Hi Power pursay but has many of the same features that make the Hi Power one of the best handling handguns ever made. They point very naturally and the grip angle is as it should be, as JMB wanted it to be, and the gun is very reliable. Everyone should own at least one. Its a truely classic design. Česká Zbrojovka (CZ) claims the CZ 75 is in service with "more Governments, Militaries, Police, and Security agencies than any other pistol in the world including Glock. And the reason is its a great handgun as Col. Jeff Cooper recognized as soon as it can out in1975.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

Combat proved (military forces and police ) reliability in a sweet feeling/pointing
package that usually carries 15-16 rounds on board -and is more accurate than
you can shoot it.

Let me go on a little..

As well built as a H&K.

Reliable as a Glock

Accurate as a SIG

In most cases, fits most anyone and cost less than most comparable guns.

And that's just the 75B. The older Pre-B 75 guns are even sweeter!

Then you have the P-01, or P-06 police service pistols.

and PCR

The CZ Compacts and the RAMI.

They are all of the 75 family.

The new P-07 Duty takes it a bit farther.

Use my LINKS for more CZ info.

Let us know if you get to handle or shoot a CZ for the first time!
Yeah, that about sums it up!
Pick one up and you'll understand. The ergos are darn near perfect.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I have two CZ's, the PCR75 and the RAMI. I love them both! They are high quality, extremely well balanced, super accurate... should I keep going?

I think that these guns are a closet secret. The ones that have them, love them. I never heard a bad review, and would not hesitate a recommendation.

·
Banned
86 Posts
My main carry pistol is a modified CZ 75B SA in 9mm. I have owned or used hundreds of different pistol types throughout my career and the SA CZ (once modified and also tuned to include a "glass rod break" 3 pound trigger pull and hi-cap magazines) is the best large combat pistol I have ever experienced for concealed carry or otherwise. The forward weight of the pistol and inherent accuracy is such that rapid fire double taps frequently will penetrate the same hole at 50 feet. I only feed it the best +P ammunition. I choose this pistol over highly combat modified Colt 1911s I have owned.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My P-06, at left, is a fine accurate, dependable mostly, I've had a couple of stove pipes, but not recently, side arm. I bought it instead of a Sig Sauer something, due to the review from the salesman, no commission, and saved a bunch of cash in the process, I'd do it all over again.
It has an alloy frame.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I fully intend to get one when funds allow, and I am a Glock man by trade...and also own a Sig p228, considered by many to be the best compact 9mm in the world overall.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I went with the CZ75 Compact 3 years ago.......great gun. Always dependable. I think I would like to get the lighter Rami version now.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Not much I can add that hasn't already been said. Between my wife and I, we have the P-01, P-06, 75 Compact and RAMI's in both 9mm and .40 cal. Eventually I want to add a full size 75 and a 82 to my little family.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You're all making me miss my CZ P-01. I had to sell her along with several other of my guns due to financial hardships. I can say the P-01 is the most accurate 9mm I ever owned. Now that I am beginning to get back on my feet, I plan to have another in the future and it will have brothers and sisters. You get a CZ and you will want more of them. They are that good.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Yes, my first P-01 was lost during a hardship as yours, along with several other CZs over the years like my 97B and CBOB.

Now days, I'm keeping my new P-01 and the PCR no matter what.

I wish you the best of luck with your eventual P-01 or other CZ pistol purchase.

KEV

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
the PCR is a 14+1 compact model. Smaller than the 75B but larger than the CZ RAMI. Same basic size as the P-01 but without the rails. The PCR is also a decocker model.

PCR

Weight 1.7 lbs
Overall Length 7.2 in
Barrel Length 3.9 in
Height 5.0 in
Width 1.4 in
75B

Weight 2.2 lbs
Overall Length 8.1 in
Barrel Length 4.7 in
Height 5.4 in
Width 1.4 in

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You're all making me miss my CZ P-01. I had to sell her along with several other of my guns due to financial hardships. I can say the P-01 is the most accurate 9mm I ever owned. Now that I am beginning to get back on my feet, I plan to have another in the future and it will have brothers and sisters. You get a CZ and you will want more of them. They are that good.
Ditto my beloved 75BD.
Now that things are improving, it will be the number 1 or 2 gun replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I carry a CZ 75 clone (An Armalite AR-24k) and I have to say the one thing I dislike about it (and the reason I'm selling it) is that it is very uncomfortable to carry IWB (the beavertail has a tendency to dig, especially while sitting). However, it's a joy to shoot, ergonomics for shooting are wonderful, and simple to strip and clean. I'd highly recommend it for OWB carry, or a range/HD weapon.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Yes, a full sized CZ like the AR-24 is a bit to carry.
I do hope that after you sell your clone, that you will still stay with the
CZ platform.

KEV

1 - 20 of 40 Posts